Chapter 75

Princess Victoria

I was on my way to the throne room to greet my father; last night, I arrived late and wasn't in the mood to see him.

However, that didn't apply today; the General went to my room after they brought my breakfast to my room.

I wasn't in the mood to see anyone early this morning, so I asked for breakfast in bed.

But as I said, I couldn't avoid being in my room all day today; my father sent news about wanting to see me.

This is why I would greet him after breakfast even though I was not in the mood.

Yesterday was, without a doubt, the worst day of my life. It seemed the nightmares weren't working on Hugo. He and Sofia were closer than ever, which wasn't supposed to happen.

My father and the sorcerer told me that the dreams made by the crystal ball are powerful. They should be separated and distant, but they seem together and more in love than ever.

Maybe it was a good thing I was meeting my father; it was time the dose had to be adjusted more. I need them distant to take over Hugo's mind and heart fully.

Especially now more than ever because I think he is starting to suspect that I am not really what I show I am.

As I arrived, I saw my father sitting on his throne with the General and my brother.

"My darling Victoria," said my father as he looked at me, smiling as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh good, you're here," I said as I looked at my brother.

"Huh?" Asked my brother, confused as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Victoria," said my father as I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Father, I think it's time Louis knows," I said as he looked at me with widened eyes and a bit of terror.

"Know what?" Asked Louis.

"Victoria, don't," started my father, but I cut him off.

"He needs to know it's for his own good," I said, ignoring my father's warning as I turned to face him.

"Over the last couple of months, the kingdom's resources have been getting lower and lower," I said, looking at my brother before looking at my father.

Then, I saw my father relax his muscles, and I couldn't help but wonder what he thought I would do.

'Did he really think I would tell him the other thing? What was he thinking?' I thought.

My father would be stupid if he thought I would do something careless like that and ruin my chances of having Hugo.

Besides, I didn't want my father to use magic on my brother again; one time was enough.

If he hadn't been so careless, my brother would never have found out, and my father would not have had to use magic to erase those memories.

"What? Father, why didn't you tell me anything?!" He asked, surprised and upset.

"Because this is my problem, son," said my father as my brother shook his head.

"It's my kingdom, too, father. I am to be king of this land one day and must do everything I can to ensure its growth," he said.

"I am proud of you, son, but as I said, I am handling this," said my father as my brother looked at me.

"We're trying," I said as she raised his eyebrow.

"How?" He asked as I sighed.

"We have been trying to make some trade requests with bigger kingdoms but have had no luck," said my father as I nodded.