Chapter 43

Two days later

King Garrick

It had been two days, and the meeting was finally here. It was decided whether Sofia would lead the search for Hugo.

If I'm being honest, I wasn't too fond of the idea either; the reason for this is because I feel like I lost one son already. I don't want to lose a daughter as well.

And another reason is because if Hugo were here, he would kill me for supporting this; he put me in charge to see that nothing happened to Sofia, to take care of her.

With this, I am basically sending her to her doom, as he might say, which is the mouth of the wolves.

But then again, as Axel said before, it might not be a bad idea.

Hugo and Sofia share a strong bond and connection; she might be the only one who can find him and bring him back.

I mean, she is the protector of the Ever Realm, so she can basically handle everything, but still, I'm very unsure about this.

"Dad, are you alright?" Asked Axel as we were walking towards the entrance of Enchancia.

"I'm not sure, Axel," I said as he frowned.

"Dad, I could see that you're worried, but you have nothing to worry about; this is Sofia, remember," he said as I nodded.

That is true; Sofia can handle anything and anyone that is thrown her way.

"I guess you're right, Axel, but I still can't help but worry," I said as he nodded.

"Who knows, maybe she won't end up being the leader of the search," he said as I shrugged.

"Would you be comfortable if she were to lead the investigation?" I asked Axel as he stopped walking for a moment.

"Honestly, Dad, I would be; if Sofia can't find him, then I don't think anyone can," he said as I frowned.

"But Axel," I started, but he cut me off.

"Think about it, Dad. The only people left who have the sensation that he's alive are us three, no one else," he said as I sighed.

He's right. I don't think many of us believe Hugo is still alive after everything that has happened.

"We have to think of this as a way for Sofia to know herself; if dead, she'll see it herself and will have to make the piece," he said as I looked down.

"But at least she'll know because I don't know about you, but I don't know how much longer King Roland will let the engagement run," he said as I nodded.

He was right. If Hugo turns out to be dead or presumed dead, the engagement is off, and Roland would marry her to someone else.

"You're right, Axel; it's mostly for Sofia," I said as he nodded.

We continued to walk, and as soon as we reached the main entrance of Enchancia, Roland and Baileywick greeted us.

"Garrick, Axel, I'm glad you could make it," he said as we shook hands.

"Thank you for having us, Roland," I said as he smiled.

"Follow me," said Roland as Axel and I followed him to the meeting conference room.

Once we walked in, we saw that the king of Corinthia, his daughter Cleo, and Prince Nicolas were present.

As well as the queen of Mezbez with her son Prince Derek and nephew Prince Desmond.

"Queen Nadine, what a pleasure; it's nice to see you," I said, bowing as she curtsied.

"Pleasure, King Garrick," she said as I smiled. Suddenly, the door opened to reveal Queen Miranda, Princess Amber, and Princess Sofia.