Chapter 44

Two weeks later

Princess Sofia

We started the investigation two weeks ago, and I don't want to say it's been useless because it hasn't.

Once I arrived at Whelsire, I arrived with my animal friends; if I were to lead, I would need all the help I could get.

I met up with Dad that day and observed his soldiers and the ones the king of Corinthia sent; they seemed very well-trained.

Physically, that is, I needed to train them how to fight mentally and think ahead.

Even though many suggest that it isn't a good idea because we don't know if a spy could be working within the soldiers.

But I had a feeling that my soldiers were all truthful, even though I'm pretty sure they might say I'm too naive to think that.

But there is one thing many don't know about me: being a story keeper and directed as the protector of the Ever Realms, there isn't one thing that can pass by me.

Besides, I had all my animal friends and the support of the animals from Whelsire thanks to my friends, so if they were to try anything, I would know.

My plan was to find Hugo and use every clue I found along the way for the investigation, but something wasn't adding up.

I was determined to find the truth about all of this, even if the truth kills me.

I started training my soldiers by demonstrating what clues we should look for and what they should hear; at first, they were confused.

But soon enough, they began to understand and follow; many saw me as their example and began to mimic, and soon they understood.

So, in the last two weeks, many of them have improved, while others have begun to catch up with support from others.

I also had to teach them teamwork. They were all trained to think of one man fending for himself when it's all for one.

We are a team; we must work together and trust each other to succeed in our missions.

We started in the Whelsire village; we asked many townspeople about anything they heard or knew.

Many might say we could easily be fooled by the lies many of them tell, but I even taught the soldiers how to distinguish when something isn't right.

Of course, this was only the leaders of the groups. I decided to separate the guards into groups to cover more ground, and each group had its leader.

They were trained with a bit of extra detail to be able to lead and not get tricked by anyone.

After going to the village, we found some new formations. First, it was strange that the village had no news about the missing girl.

Honestly, it is almost as if she isn't part of this kingdom, which was very suspicious.

The first couple of days I was at Whelsire, I stayed at the castle with Dad since we were starting small with the search.

It was fun being with Dad for a couple of days. I got to spend more time with him and Izzie; they both made me feel welcomed and like I was with my family.

I missed them every day, but I made sure to send them a letter daily to let them know I was safe and protected since it wasn't just me.

A day after I arrived, Nicolas arrived with several men of his own; he was my second in command since, if I'm being honest, he was the one I trusted to lead whenever I wasn't available.