Chapter 41

Princess Sofia

"Me?" I questioned as he nodded, and I looked at everyone.

"No!" Said both my parents as my mother approached me and hugged me.

"It's too dangerous for her," said Dad as Mom nodded.

"King Roland, Queen Miranda, please consider my offer," said the king of Corinthia as I looked at my parents, then my father-in-law and Axel.

"I don't see why not?" Said Axel as he shrugged while my parents shook their heads.

"Sofia, I would never ask you to..." started my father-in-law as I shook my head.

"Dad, you're not asking, and I know this doesn't sound like a good idea to my parents either, but...." I started, but my Dad cut me off.

"No, Sofia, you are not going, and that's final," said Dad sternly as I looked at him, narrowing my eyes.

"Why don't you think about it, and we'll discuss it in a few days," said the king of Corinthia.

"We've already..." started Dad as I interrupted him.

"Thank Your Majesty. Does a meeting in two days sound fine to you?" I said as he nodded.

"We'll see you in two days then," I said as he bowed and left.

"Sofia, what are you?" Asked Mom, and I interrupted her.

"Mom, I know you and Dad are upset and want to protect me, but this is my decision, not yours," I said as they looked at each other.

"We're just going to have a meeting, Roland," said my father-in-law as I nodded.

"Exactly, let's think and discuss it then," I said as my parents looked uneasy.

"Alright, we'll think about it," said Dad as I frowned.

"And well, respect your decision, Sofia," added Mom as I smiled at them.

"Thank you," I said as they left our group and headed with King Marcus and Queen Cecily.

"Cleo, did you?" Asked Axel as she nodded.

"I told my parents about the search you guys have and suggested that we could provide some help," she said, smiling as we frowned.

"But why Sofia?" asked Axel as she smiled.

"Because they know about you, Sofia, and your adventures," she said as I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I asked as everyone laughed and then smiled.

"Sofia, everyone knows about you," said my father-in-law as my eyes widened.

"We all know you became the protector of the Ever Realm," said Cleo, smiling.

"And how you went on crazy adventures," added Axel, smirking as my eyes widened. How had they heard about that?

"How did you?" I started, but Nicolas interrupted me.

"Sofia, you're famous for saving your kingdom more than once," he said as I shrugged.

"It was nothing. I was simply doing the correct thing," I said as they smiled.

"Why do you think I kept telling Hugo that you'd be an awesome addition to Whelsire as a queen," said Axel as he and Dad smiled.

"We'll thank you, but...." I started as an Amber cut-in.

"Sofia, you know I don't like the idea of you going into that search. It's far too dangerous," she said as Desmond tried to comfort her.

"Amber," said Desmond as she sighed.