Chapter 63

Prince Hugo

'That was odd?' I thought after I saw Sofia head back to her carriage and saw her leave a bit upset.

"Dad, did you notice something different about Sofia when she first got here to how she left right now?" I asked as he nodded.

"She looked a bit upset leaving than when she first got here," said Dad as I nodded.

"Could something have happened?" I asked as Dad signed.

"What is it, Dad?" I asked, concerned as he looked down and returned to the castle.

"Dad, what's wrong?" I asked as he looked at me and then smiled.

"Hugo, follow me," he said as I followed him.

"Where are we going, Dad?" I asked him as he looked at me and smiled.

"My office," he said as I nodded.

"Oh, Hugo," said a familiar voice as I turned around to see Victoria walking gracefully towards us.

I looked at my Dad, who was just as confused as I was, as we looked back at Victoria.

"Hello, Victoria," I said, smiling. She smiled at me.

"Where did Sofia go?" She asked, slightly rolling her eyes as I frowned, confused at her.

"She left," I said as she smiled for a second and then dropped it to a confused look.

"Why?" She asked as I shrugged.

"I think It was time for her to go back," I said as he nodded.

"I was about to take a walk in the gardens; do you want to come along, Hugo?" she asked as I shook my head.

"I'm Sorry, Victoria. My Dad and I are just about to attend a meeting," I said as she looked upset and nodded.

"I'll see you around then," she said as I nodded.

As I looked at her leaving, I couldn't help but wonder if she was possibly the reason Sofia left.

"I know what you're thinking, son, and I don't think you're wrong," he said as I nodded at him.

"Come on," he said as we headed to his office; as we entered, I took a seat in front of Dad.

"What is what you wanted to tell me, Dad?" I asked as he signed.

"Hugo, since you arrived, there was something off about Victoria; the moment I met her, there was something that didn't seem to clear to me," he said as I nodded.

"I get it, Dad; when I first met her, I quickly noticed there was something off about her," I said as he nodded.

"Well, I've asked Isobel if she could keep an eye on her and..." started Dad as I cut him off.

"What? Why would you do that?" I asked, confused and slightly worried.

My father was always against spying on people, especially on royalty, so why begin now with the spying?

"As I said, there was something off about her son that doesn't sit right with me; even Axel agrees, and after today, I think Sofia does too," he said as I thought for a moment.

"Now that you think about it, something was off about Sofia's meeting today with Victoria," I said as Dad looked confused.

"Tell me everything," he said as I nodded.

"When Victoria found Sofia and me in the library, I introduced them, and Sofia extended her arm to shake Victoria's, but she didn't respond nicely," I said as he frowned.