Chapter 82

King Axel

"Are they here yet?" I asked Astrid as she shook her head.

"I'm afraid not, dear," she said as I looked down, upset and nodded.

"Don't worry, Axel; I am sure they will be here in no time," she said as I smiled and nodded.

Today was the day we met with Amber, Desmond, James, and Vivian.

We were going to discuss what we had discovered and heard about Frederick. He had accepted our deal and Enchancia's, but I wasn't sure if he had accepted Zumaria's help.

Although I'm not sure, he would have rejected the help, especially if his kingdom was failing then.

I was surprised James decided to help and go along with our plan, but Amber must have talked with him, and since this was about Sofia, he agreed to help.

I was unsure about telling James, but Amber assured me we should, and this is James we're talking about; he would do anything for his sisters.

It was better now more than ever. A day ago, I received a letter from my father, and it did not look great.

It seems that problems are arising in Whelsire with Hugo and Sofia, which is strange if I'm honest.

As soon as I and Astrid read the letter, we couldn't believe it and knew we had to do something to fix it.

In the letter, Dad told me what Hugo had told him, and he's been on the edge lately, especially with Sofia.

My father explained that he had tried to talk to Hugo, but it seemed he was not getting the whole message.

He is only suffering, and to make things worse, so is Sofia; they're both suffering and can't seem to fix their situation.

Not to mention when Louis arrived a few days ago, which sounds pretty odd now that I think about it.

Why would Louis go to them and try to set up a trading system when he has a bunch more with our kingdoms?

Astrid and I agreed that it doesn't make sense; his kingdom is doing well, so I'm surprised they are trying to trade with them.

'Something isn't right here?' I thought as I remembered.

Even worse, Sofia is now confined to the palace or required to walk with guards following her.

I sighed as I remembered all the problems and dreams confined to the palace, arguments, Louis, Frederick, and the kingdom trade system.

'No wonder my brother was suffering,' I thought as I shook my head.

"Axel, I'm sure.." started Astrid but was cut off by a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said as the door of my office opened to reveal our steward.

"They're here, your majesties," said the Royal steward as I smiled.

"Terrific, please let them in," I said as he nodded.

"Everything will be alright, Axel, dear," said Astrid as I smiled at her.

"I hope you're right, Astrid," I said as she smiled and nodded.

Suddenly, the door opened to reveal Amber, Desmond, James and Vivian.

"Axel, Astrid," said Amber and Desmond as they bowed, and Desmond and I shook hands.

"Amber, Desmond," I said as Astrid smiled.

"So glad you guys could make it on short notice," said Astrid as they smiled.