Chapter 53

One year and three months later

Princess Sofia

So much has happened in the last year and three months; I was officially 20 years old, while James and Amber were 21.

James was officially king of Zumaria now, while Amber and Desmond were in the process of their coronation.

Since it was winter and close to Wassalia Day, they decided to wait until after Wassalia Day to begin the new year as the new monarchs of Enchancia.

Axel and Astrid had started their family; everyone was filled with joy when they learned about her pregnancy; they have two beautiful twin girls named Charlotte and Athena.

They looked so beautiful and looked just like their mom, identical twins, but they each had their own character; they are two years old.

King Garrick was thrilled that his granddaughters were born in perfect health; I don't call him Dad anymore in front of others because it wouldn't be appropriate.

Since I have no fiancé anymore, however, he will always be like a father to me, just like Axel would be another brother of mine.

Ever since Axel came to tell me the news of Hugo, it broke my heart, and I felt like I couldn't continue with the search; as I said, sure, we got to know many things, but in the end, I always got heartbroken.

If they wanted to keep going, it was up to them, but I had enough; as I said, every time we seemed to come close, it was always a dead end.

I can take the hint already he's dead, and we're just creating a false illusion within ourselves. I can't do that to myself. It's too much, but Axel and King Garrick wanted to continue.

Even though I feel like one of these days, I will have to talk to them about letting this go, even Dad is starting to worry about his friend Garrick.

While they continued with their search, I decided to have a little ceremony for Hugo. I don't know why, but it calmed me a bit.

I had to accept the fact that he was gone and was not going to come back. It killed me, but it had to be done; after the little ceremony I had for him, I will admit I was very depressed for a while.

I didn't have the love of my life and no motivation whatsoever, so I had to find something to keep me occupied; that's where Amber came in.

Since we both went to Ever Realm Academy, she suggested I become her royal advisor; I was initially skeptical but then decided it wasn't a bad idea.

It did give me a chance to use what I learned in school, keep me occupied, and spend time with my family, so that's what I decided to do.

Occasionally, if I'm not helping Amber, I am doing things for the kingdom's orphanage children or visiting Vivian.

But now that winter is here and Wassalia Day is in a few days, I finally got the chance to do one of my favorite sports: Ice dancing and flying derby.

Sure, I was able to do flying derby whenever, but it was more fun during the snow as well. James and I would do obstacle courses that involved being covered in snow.

Then there was my favorite, ice dancing. It had been years since I'd last done it; I think the last time was when Hugo and I did our recital.

'I hope I'm not rusty,' I thought as I walked towards the enchanted lake that Froze during the winter; it was the perfect place to skate.

I put on my enchanted skates, took a deep breath, and began to skate. I managed to get a nice head start, took a leap, and landed perfectly.

'Oh my!' I exclaimed in my head as I happily smiled. It was not bad for a start, but the next one was a bit tricky. It was the fireball flip.