Chapter 2

King Roland

I can't believe it's really happening; I thought it was a myth, rumors that were spreading, but it's actually happening.

A group of bandits started attacking the nearby kingdoms, stealing from the poor and even trying to attack the kingdoms.

No one knew who they were and what they wanted; all we know is that they are stealing and even killing people.

I have been trying to keep them away from Enchancia, but I might have to make alliances, and sadly, this means marriages for my children sooner than expected.

Sure, Enchancia is big enough, but with a strong alliance like that, everything could be better for one kingdom and both.

I have been talking with the nearby kingdoms and friends, who agree that marriage could strengthen the kingdoms to save them.

"Roley?" asked Miranda as she walked into the throne room.

"Is everything alright?" she asked, concerned.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked as she nodded.

"I have just received letters from kingdoms saying a group of bandits has attacked them," I said as her eyes widened in horror.

"They are stealing from the villages along from the castles, and even worse, killing people in the process," I said as I heard her gasp.

"And that's not even the worst part; Garrick sent me a letter saying that Whelsire might go into the war soon," I said as she gasped.

"I thought these were just rumors," she said as I nodded.

"I thought so too, but I guess not," I said as she shook her head.

"The bandits send him a letter telling him to surrender his whole kingdom or war will happen," I said, hardly believing it myself.

"Is there anything we can do to help him?" asked Miranda as I nodded.

"For the Moment, he said he will be fine, that we should focus on making sure Enchancia has enough protection, but if something comes up, he will let us know," I said, concerned.

"It sounds like he has things under control for the moment, but I have a feeling there is something else, isn't there, Roley?" she asked as I sighed.

"What is it, Roley?" she asked as I was hesitant; I wasn't sure if I should tell her today.

"Its...... It's complicated," I said, hesitating as she frowned, confused.

"Complicated? How?" she asked, concerned as I sighed.

"If this continues to go terrible, we might have to consider finding alliances with other kingdoms," I said as she frowned.

"What do you mean, Roley?" she asked, already not liking the idea; it seemed like she knew what I was about to say.

"The only way Enchancia can have strong alliances is with marriage, which means we should consider finding suitable husbands for our daughters," I said as her eyes widened.

"Roley, but it's too soon; Sofia is barely of age to be betrothed, and Amber has her whole life ahead of her and..." she said, but I cut her off.

"And the kingdom needs them; I don't like it any more than you do, Miranda, but it's for the good of our kingdom and our people," I said.

"Roley, they're still so young, plus we don't even know what might happen." She said as I started thinking.

Indeed, my daughters are still young; besides, I want them to marry for love, but if the kingdom is in trouble, they must do what they do.