Chapter 66

One Week later

Princess Sofia

I couldn't believe it; today was my engagement dinner party. I was feeling slightly nervous but mostly excited.

I was a bit nervous because not only was today the engagement dinner party.

It was also the day Dad would announce Hugo and me as the next rulers of Whelsire to the villagers.

It would be a big announcement celebration in the village before we started the dinner.

I have been to the village of Whelsire a couple of times, but I still need to familiarize myself with the place.

Yet again, it is evident since I didn't live there, but as Amber said, all it took was some time. It's been a couple of hours after lunch, and we were getting ready for the event.

In addition to my parents, Amber and Desmond were also coming since they would soon be the new heirs to the throne.

Their ceremony was scheduled for early September, and now Dad has stepped back. Amber and Desmond attend most of the meetings and make the decisions.

While Mom and Dad spend most of their time enjoying pre-retirement, they enjoy spending time with each other, doing outdoor activities, and relaxing.

"Sofia, are you ready?" Asked Amber as she walked into my room, and I turned around to look at her.

She wore a beautiful dark green and pink dress with short sleeves and pink heels. She wore a golden diamond necklace and a dark green tiara with natural curls.

"Yes," I said, turning to see her smile.

"Where were you hiding that dress, Sofia?" She asked, smirking as I smiled at her.

I was wearing a light purple dress with mid-puffed sleeves. It was slightly open on the shoulders and decorated with white flowers.

I wore my matching purple heels, amulet, bracelet, and ring. My hair was styled into a sleek low bun with my golden tiara.

"In the back of my closet," I said, giggling as she smiled.

"Well, you look amazing," she said as I smiled at her.

"Thank you, Amber, you do as well," I said as she smiled.

"Are you taking Edmond?" I asked her as she shook her head.

"He's sleeping right now, so I'm leaving him here with Sussett and Marcie," she said as I nodded.

"Girls, are you ready?" Asked Dad as he peaked his head inside my room as we nodded at him.

"Yes, Dad was ready," I said as Amber and I began to walk towards the door.

We saw our parents and Desmond ready to go as soon as we stepped outside.

Mom wore a beautiful green gown with a silver tiara and loose hair. While Dad was wearing a blue tux suit, and Desmond was wearing a beige one.

"Off to Whelsire, we go then," said Dad, and we all nodded and followed.

"Amber, aren't you going to get cold?" Asked Mom as she shook her head.

"It's warmer over there, Mom," I said as she frowned, confused.

"I thought Whelsire was always cold?" She asked as I smiled at her.

"It is in the winter, Mother," said Desmond as Mom nodded.

"Your carriage is ready, Your Majesty," said Baileywick as we exited the front door.

"Thank you, Baileywick," said Dad as he nodded.