Chapter 84

Queen Sofia

As Hugo and I turned around, we saw Louis approaching us, and I felt a sudden grip on my waist.

I turned to look at Hugo, who looked angry and scared; as I leaned my head on his shoulder, I felt him slightly relaxed.

"Hugo, Sofia, how are you?" Asked Louis as I smiled.

"Terrific," said Hugo in a serious tone as he slightly smiled.

"Having a blast, and you?" I asked as Louis nodded.

"Honestly, I am; I haven't had this much fun in a while," said Louis as I nodded.

"I am glad," I said, smiling as I sighed.

"Sofia, I'm sorry to ask, but are you feeling well?" Asked Louis as my eyes widened.

"Yes, I feel well, why do you ask?" I asked him as he looked surprised.

"You look pale, that's all. But if you say you're fine, then it must be my imagination," he said as I looked confused.

"Well, it was nice to see you both," said Louis as I smiled.

"You too, Louis," I said as he bowed.

"Hugo," said Louis, smiling at Hugo.

"Louis," said Hugo as he bowed in return.

As soon as he saw Louis leaving, he turned to look at me and frowned a bit before placing his hand on my forehead and cheeks.

"Hugo, what are you..." I started, but he cut me off.

"You don't have a fever, that's for sure, but you do look a bit pale; you sure you're alright?" He asked as I nodded.

"I am," I said, smiling as he looked unconvinced.

"Wait here; let me bring you some water," he said as he began to leave.

"Hugo, I'm... fine," I managed to say, but he was already gone.

Hugo and I quickly went from arguing and not speaking terms to having a conversation and being gentle with one another.

I love how we are back to caring for each other instead of arguing; I couldn't help but remember being in Hugo's arms again a few minutes ago.

It felt like it's been ages since I'd been in his arms, but it hadn't; the last time was a couple of nights ago.

I couldn't remember exactly if it was a dream or not; either way, I am so happy we got to dance as well since we haven't had the chance to do so in a while.

'I wonder if I should propose we do ice skating?' I thought as someone snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Sofia, are you alright?" Asked Amber, worried as I nodded.

"Yes, Amber, I'm alright," I said as she smiled.

"What are you doing here all alone?" She asked me, worried as I smiled.

"Hugo went to get me some water because he says I look a bit pale," I said, smiling as Amber began to study me.

"You do a bit..." she started, but another familiar voice cut her off.

"Do a bit what?" Asked Astrid as she walked towards us.

"Doesn't Sofia look a bit pale to you, Astrid?" Asked Amber; they both began to look at me as they raised their eyebrows.

"I've always been pale girls, nothing new," I said as they looked at each other and then at me.

"Well, that is true," said Amber as I smiled.