Chapter 42

Prince Hugo

"Don't worry, Hugo, I'm coming, and I will find you," repeated the familiar voice as I looked around and saw no one.

'There is again that same voice; who could it be?' I thought to myself as I looked down to the white floor.

As far as I know, I don't have any sisters. If I did, I think my Mother would have told me, and then it hit me.

'Am I married?' I thought and then shook my head.

'No, I couldn't possibly be married. I'm still far too young for that,' I thought to myself.

But then again, if not, who is she? And why does my heart seem to flutter whenever I hear her voice?

'Could she be someone special to me?' I thought as I rolled my head back.

I don't know for how long I've been here, although it feels like I've been here forever. I follow my Mother's sparkle, but I see nothing every time I feel like I'm getting close.

I have been taking breaks because most of the time, I have to run, but my body doesn't seem to like it.

I wish I could talk to my Mother again, but as she said, she has limited power. She's using it to help and guide me to who knows where.

Once I felt like I was breathing normally, again I stood up and began to walk toward where I last saw the green sparks. Once I reached where I saw the last one, they came back.

I began to follow them again, although it was weird every time I followed them; I kept getting a sharp pain sensation in my head.

I don't know if those are my memories trying to come back, but every single time the pain comes, all I see is blurriness, and I hear a voice.

Strangely enough, I keep hearing the same female voice, but whenever the pain stops, I still don't remember anything.

As I followed the green sparks, something seemed off this time; the light seemed to fade away.

I frowned at this and looked up to see a large sodden door coming up in front of me; as I looked at the green sparks, they seemed to be fading completely this time.

"What the?" I said as I arrived at the door.

"You've reached your destination, my dear Hugo," said my Mother's voice as I turned around, hoping to see her, but nothing.

"What is this place, Mother?" I asked her.

"This is your way back, son; as soon as you walk through this door, you'll be waking up soon," she said as I frowned.

"I'm not sure I'm ready, Mother," I said as I turned away from the door.

"There are still so many questions I have, and many things don't add up," I said, looking down and then at the door.

"All the answers you seek are inside that door," she said as I thought and then began to walk towards the door.

I stood outside the door, touched the doorknob, began to turn it, and then stopped. I turned around and looked back and saw nothing.

"Will I ever see you again, Mother?" I asked, hoping to see her again.

"It's unlikely, my darling; you possibly might not even remember any of this," she said as I frowned.

"Then I don't want to go; why would I want to go to a place I don't remember you?" I said as she appeared.

"Hugo, my darling, you must go; there are people who miss you dearly. It still isn't your time," she said, smiling as I frowned.