Chapter 90

King Hugo

"Hu-Hugo?" I heard a familiar voice as I turned around to see my father starting to move.

'Oh shit, I was in for it,' I thought as I tried to come up with an excuse for why I was also in this situation.

"Dad, Dad, are you okay?" Asked Sofia as my father began to gain consciousness.

We saw him slowly opening his eyes and looking confused before standing up from the floor.

"Hugo, what are you doing here?" Asked Dad, confused.

"I... I found you guys," I said, smiling nervously as he frowned, confused.

"Yet you are locked up like us?" Asked Dad as I looked over at Sofia for help, but she shook her head.

"Don't look at me, dear husband; I'm just as mad at you as Dad is possibly, even more," she said, crossing her arms at me as I smiled nervously at them.

"Hugo, why did you come without backup? That's the first thing I've taught you," said Dad, upset as Sofia nodded.

"I had to come alone to find you; I couldn't risk something happening to you two," I said as Sofia began to let her guard down.

"Besides, I believe soon we will be rescued," I said as Dad looked confused.

"But how?" asked Dad as I looked over at Sofia.

"Let's just say I'm glad Sofia made friends with the animals," I said as she smiled, understanding what I meant.

I was about to say something when we heard the sound of a door opening. As footsteps approached, I turned to look at Sofia, who looked a bit nervous and nodded at me.

"Hello, Hugo," said a familiar voice as I turned from Sofia's gaze to see her again.

I didn't say anything to her; I just stared at her with hatred and wanted to tell her off. I looked back at Sofia as she shook her head, almost as if she knew what I wanted to do.

"Don't look at her, Hugo! Look at me!" She exclaimed as I slowly moved my gaze from Sofia to her. She looked at me for an instant and smiled before turning to look at Sofia, upset.

"You, you ruined everything," said Victoria as she began to walk to Sofia's cell, and I got alerted.

"Victoria, what are you doing?" I asked her as she ignored me.

"You should have stayed in your stupid village; you aren't meant to be queen; you tainted the bloodline," said Victoria as she walked closer to Sofia.

"Stay away from her, Victoria!" I said as she ignored me.

"You can't fool me; you may fool everyone else but not me," she started, but Sofia cut her off.

"Victoria, don't...." Started Sofia as Victoria chuckled.

"I love it when you beg, especially since I can't do much to you," she said, pulling onto Sofia's wrist as the chains moved.

"I don't know what sorcery you used to protect you from that spell, but you can't fool me!" she said, upset.

"Victoria, stop; let her go!" I exclaimed as she continued to ignore me.

"Between you and me, that won't happen," she said before pulling onto the chains hard, making Sofia's head hit within the cell bars.

"No!" I said as she let go of Sofia's chains and stepped back. I saw Sofia bounce back and place her hand on her head.

She was lying on the floor, placing her hand on her head as she tried to sit up. She tried to focus her eyesight on me, but I could tell she was struggling.