Chapter 86

King Hugo

"What? What do you mean you can't find her?" I asked, worried and confused, as Izzie shook her head.

"Maybe she's with Dad, Hugo," said Axel as Izzie shook her head, scared.

"Your father hasn't returned since this morning," she said as my eyes widened.

"What? What do you mean he hasn't returned? Axel and I were there when we saw him depart from the village and head back," I said as her eyes widened.

"Maybe he is here, and I wasn't informed, but I still haven't seen him since this morning," said Izzie.

"Wait, so both Sofia and my father are missing?" I asked as she nodded.

"For how long?" Asked Axel as Izzie thought.

"Sofia has been missing for about an hour and a half, and as I said, I haven't seen your father return at all," she said as I looked at Axel.

"We have looked for her but can't find her, and no one saw her leave the palace at all," she continued as we nodded.

'I wasn't already liking this. I was beginning to feel nervous, but I had to keep myself calm.' I thought as I looked at Axel.

"I will send some guards to look in the forest for my dad; maybe something happened on his way back," I said as I took a deep breath.

"As for Sofia, let's not panic; let's all look for her," I continued, trying to be calm as everyone nodded.

"But we searched for her already," said Gabby, worried as I sighed, trying to stay calm.

"Can't help to look again, right?" Asked Axel as I nodded.

After I gave the order to the guards, they left to search for Dad. We all began looking for Sofia but couldn't find her.

"Axel, I am starting to worry. We were open with no guards, and now we can't find Sofia or Dad," I whispered to him as we made our way to the office.

"I know, Hugo; try to remain calm until we figure out what happened. I am here with you, brother," he said as I nodded.

"When and where was she last time you saw her?" I asked Izzie as we entered the office.

"She was going to the children's room to give them some clothing she made for them and never came back," she said as I nodded.

"Did she reach the children?" I asked as Izzie shrugged.

"I am not sure," she said, upset as I looked to see a maid step in.

"She did, Your Majesty; I was there when she came in," she said as I nodded.

"What happened?" I asked her as she shook her head.

"Nothing really; she came in, gave the children the clothes, and started talking with them," she said as I nodded.

"About what?" I asked as another maid stepped in.

"The children told her they wanted to help rebuild the village," she said as I listened.

"She and the children created groups for tests they can do to help the children," She said as I nodded.

"I left to inform the rest about what the queen had ordered," said the maid as I turned to the first one.

"Were you still there when it happened?" I asked her as she nodded.

"Yes, Your Majesty, I was there when the queen left," she said as I nodded.

"Did she say anything about where she was going?" Asked Axel as the maid shook her head.