Chapter 85

King Hugo

I woke up to hear birds chirping. As I turned towards the window, I noticed the curtains were slightly open but not too much so sunlight could enter.

I looked down at the bed and noticed Sofia sleeping peacefully beside me; she looked like a natural beauty.

She looked so peaceful while she slept; I pushed one strand of her hair towards the back of her ear as she continued to sleep.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door; I quickly got up, placed on my robe, and walked towards the door.

'Who could it be at this early in the morning?' I thought as I opened the door to reveal Isaac.

"Isaac?" I asked him, confused but smiling as he looked a bit nervous at me.

"Good morning, Your Majesty. I am so sorry to wake you up this early," he said, a bit worried as my eyes widened and I shook my head.

"Oh no. No. No, don't worry about it, Isaac. I was already awake; is there something wrong?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Not at all, but your brother Axel is here," he said as my eyes widened.

'That was fast. I thought he would have sent a letter to inform me; why is he here this early thought? And why isn't my father greeting him?' I thought for a moment.

Being the king meant I would have to greet him and the rest of the people who would arrive, but this was different; this was my brother.

Usually, my father would greet Axel instead of me since I would always be so busy that I wouldn't even know he would be here until I walked past the hallway and saw him.

"My father?" I asked him as Isaac shook his head.

"Your father left a couple of minutes before his arrival, which is why I came looking for you," he said as I nodded.

"Of course, Isaac, please let him into my office, and I will be down as soon as I get dressed," I said as he nodded.

"Of course, Your Majesty," he said as he bowed and left to escort Axel to the office.

Although I am sure he can do it himself, I should have someone watch over my brother to prevent him from getting into trouble.

As I closed the door, I quickly headed to the closet to get dressed immediately.

Since I was in a hurry, I quickly grabbed the first thing I saw: a pair of black pants and a grey shirt with my dark blue coat.

I placed my gray boots on before entering the closet and wearing my blue coat.

"Hugo?" Asked a familiar voice as I turned towards the bed to find Sofia sitting up on the bed and rubbing her eyes.

I smiled at the sight of this before walking towards her and sitting on the bed.

"Good morning, Sof," I said, smiling as her eyes turned to look at me.

"Where are you going?" She asked as I smiled at her.

"Axel is here," I said as her eyes widened.

"This early?" She asked, confused as I nodded.

"I think he's here because of the letter I sent him yesterday," I said as she nodded.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" She asked me, smiling as I sighed at her.

It was then that I noticed she was about to get off the bed. I quickly returned to the bed to prevent her from standing up and took hold of her hand.