Chapter 19

Prince James

Today has been a very interesting day, and it has given me a lot to think about, especially my future.

Sure, my Dad and I have talked plenty of times about where I would end up, and my plan was to become a knight after graduating from Chivalry Hall.

However, all that changed after today, especially after I saw Vivian. Ever since I laid eyes on her today, I couldn't stop thinking about her or even looking at her.

This got me wondering if it's really been that long since I've seen her, but it hasn't; I've seen her twice this year.

I remember seeing her once at Sofia's birthday ball and at her graduation, and even dancing with her the whole night.

However, this time I saw her, I felt something completely different; I don't know if it was the way she dressed today or maybe because of what she said.

She surprised me by saying she was taking horse riding lessons, not just with normal horses but also with flying horses.

Although she admitted that she hasn't been very good at flying horses like normal horse riding, she was trying to improve; I'm amazed.

I was waiting for them in the dining room; I thought I was alone with my thoughts until my parents snapped me out of my thoughts.

"James, dear?" asked Mom as I shook my head.

"Yes, Mom?" I asked as she frowned.

"Are you alright, dear?" she asked as I shrugged.

"I don't know, Mom, but I think so," I said as she got concerned.

"Anything wrong?" she asked, worried as I shook my head.

"I don't think so, but.." I started before stopping as she looked concerned.

"But?" she asked, worried as I sighed and smiled at her.

"I think I should have a conversation with Dad," I said as she frowned, confused, before looking at Dad as he turned to look at me.

"About what, son?" asked Dad, confused as I sighed.

"My future," I said as they both frowned, surprised.

I was about to say something else when Amber, Sofia, and Vivian arrived at the dining room as Mom and Dad smiled.

'She looks so beautiful.' I thought to myself.

I looked at her and then back at Mom and Dad, who were frowning momentarily. Then, smirking at me, I guess they must have figured out what I was talking about.

"Vivian, what a pleasure it is to have you here," Said Mom as she smiled.

"Please take a seat," said Dad, smiling as she returned the smile to us.

"The pleasure is all mine, Your Majesty, and thank you," said Vivian as she sat beside Sofia and in front of me.

"How was your trip today?" asked Dad as we smiled.

"It was amazing; it was wonderful to see my friends again," Said Sofia, smiling.

"You should have seen how she beat James." Said Vivian, smiling.

"Only because she got a head start," I said as everyone laughed.

The rest of dinner went well, and the whole time, I must admit I couldn't stop myself from staring at Vivian.

After dinner, she and Sofia headed towards the library, and I went with Dad to his study room.

"I see what you were referring to now, James; let me guess, it's Vivian, isn't it?" asked Dad as I nodded.