Chapter 15

Princess Sofia

I woke up to the light of the sun going through the curtains; I looked around and remembered the events of last night. I was about to leave bed when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said as the door opened to reveal Izzie.

"Sofia, you're up early. I still expected you to be asleep since it's still a bit early." She said as I giggled.

"You would have to thank Baileywick for that," I said as she smiled.

I got out of bed and looked outside the balcony door to see a bit of frost covering the grass.

"Did it snow last night, Izzie?" I asked as she nodded.

"A little bit; this just means we will get snow in a few days." She said as I nodded.

"Shall I help you get ready, Sofia?" Asked Izzie as I smiled at her. It's not that I didn't want her help; I was just used to getting help dressed up for a ball.

Marcie and Sussett rarely helped me in the mornings because I asked them to stop; occasionally, it was okay, but not every day.

"Sure, but there's something I must ask you, Izzie," I said as she smiled.

"You would prefer to get ready on your own most of the time." She said as my eyes widened.

"How did you know?" I asked her as she smiled.

"Oh, Sofia, you remind me so much of the late Queen Elizabeth that it's almost like I have her here again." She said, smiling as I wondered.

"What do you mean? Were you her..." I asked but was cut off by her.

"Yes, I was her handmaid; I was very young when I started." She said as I smiled at her.

"When I first saw you, It was as if I saw Elizabeth again, and I know she would have loved you." She said as I smiled.

"Thank you, Izzie," I said as she smiled and prepared the bath.

"Izzie, wait; I'd like to ask you something," I said as she smiled.

"Yes, Sofia?" She asked as I got a bit nervous.

"Would you like to be my personal handmaiden?" I asked as she smiled.

"Since I am going to be living here soon, I want to have someone I know I can trust," I added as she nodded.

"It will be my honor, Princess Sofia; it will be like having my little Elizabeth here again." She said, nearly crying as I handed her a handkerchief.

"Thank you, Sofia; now it's time for your bath." She said as she wiped her tears and headed to the bathroom.

After my bath, I followed Izzie to the closet to look at some dresses; they were all so beautiful.

"Most of the dresses are purple because we were told that was your favorite color, Sofia." Said Izzie as I smiled.

"Yes, it is, although any color will do as well," I said as she smiled.

She took out a beautiful sweetheart purple and pink gown with long sleeves. The sleeves were purple, and the round puffs were light pink.

I nodded at her as she helped me put the dress on and then took out some pink heels as I adjusted my bracelet.

I have gotten used to sleeping with my amulet and now my ring; the only thing I did take off just for sleep was the bracelet.

After Izzie helped me brush my hair before she placed my tiara from yesterday,