Chapter 70

Two months later

King Hugo

"Hugo, King Hugo," said a voice as I turned around and saw no one.

Then I realized I was dreaming; I was standing in front of what looked like a forest with white clouds.

"Hugo," repeated the voice as I turned around and saw nothing.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" I said as there was a slight chuckle in the voice.

"I am an old friend, and I am here to tell you that you made a terrible mistake," said the voice as I frowned, confused.

'Mistake?' I thought as I frowned, confused.

"What do you mean by mistake?" I asked as I suddenly saw a flash of light.

"Walk towards the light, and I'll show you," said the voice as I followed it.

While I walked, I saw nothing but clear white skies and clouds; I reached a lake.

"Look down," said the voice as I looked at the water and saw Sofia and me.

"It's my wife and I," I said as the voice began again.

"Yes, but I'm afraid you married the wrong girl," said the voice as my eyes widened.

"What?!" I exclaimed as I saw Sofia and me in the lake. We looked so happy, and we love each other.

"What do you mean?" I asked as the voice continued.

"I'm afraid you married the girl who hasn't found her true love yet; in fact, he's looking for her," said the voice as I shook my head.

"No, that is not possible; Sofia and I love each other and are destined to be together," I said as the voice continued.

"I am sorry, King Hugo, but that's not the case; you two are not destined to be together, and soon, her true love will appear just like yours," said the voice as I shook my head and walked back.

'No, this is not possible!' I thought to myself as I tried to find the person of the voice but had no luck.

"As soon as she sees her true love, she will leave you," said the voice as I shook my head.

"No," I said, walking backward.

"No!" I said again as I fell to the ground.

"No!" I exclaimed, waking up and sitting up from my bed, breathing heavily and sweating.

"Hugo, what's wrong?" Asked Sofia as she turned and woke up immediately.

She sat up, turned over to look at me, cupped my cheeks, and furrowed my hair as I turned to face her.

"Hugo, what's wrong?" She asked, concerned as I looked at her and nodded.

"N-n-nothing, Sof. It was just a nightmare," I said as I turned to face her and saw the worry in her eyes.

"Are you sure?" she asked, frowning at me, upset and worried. I nodded, and she pulled me into a hug.

"Yes," I said as I hugged her tightly, afraid to let go.

I know it wasn't a good idea to lie to Sofia, but I didn't want her to worry about the situation.

"Come, let's lay down, Hugo," said Sofia as I nodded, and we laid back down facing each other.

"Come and sleep, Hugo. I'll watch over you," she said as I smiled and brought her closer to me.

Slowly enough, she went to sleep in my arms as my breath calmed down, and slowly, I began to calm down as well.