Connections

Skià pov

"Winchester!" Someone yells and we all turn out of habit. The man walks over to John and starts talking revealing who he is to Dean. Dean looks at me in shock and I simply continue eating. After I finish my bite I turn to John.

"Our last name is Winchester too."

"What a coincidence."

"Truly. Perhaps we are related."

"Yeah maybe."

"Hey you two seem to know some things do you want to come help me pick out a car?"

"Sure, Dean is really good with cars." Clearly John doesn't know anything about hunting yet because if he did some red flags would have gone up. It must have been their mother that triggers whatever event we have to be a part of.

We help him pick out the car that Dean still has in the future and go out separate ways. "We have to find your mother.  Your father clearly knows nothing."

"Alright, you have any ideas on how to do that?"

"We follow him at a distance, he said that he was going to buy that van for someone so he is probably going to go show the car to your mother."

"How do we follow him?" I look around the car lot and find a nice Volkswagen beetle. I go into the shadows and find my card from this time period. I walk out and transform into Leo black. I walk up to the owner of the lot and work out the price before buying the car and heading out.

We follow John to a normal looking house and Dean's mother comes out. We sit in the car and wait. We follow them to a diner and I change back into my normal appearance. We stand outside and watch through the window. I feel Dean's mother approaching us so I step to the side and Dean gets slammed on to the floor. "Why are you following us?" I let her beat on him for a minute before intervening.

"I can answer your questions but I need you to stop beating my uncle up."

She just pins him before turning to me. "Who are you?"

"My name is Alex Winchester and I am your grandson."

"What?"

"The man you are pinning to the floor is your eldest child. We were sent back to affect the time line in some way. We are both hunters and I know you are one too."

"How?"

"An Angel."

"Am I supposed to believe you?"

"I know you do."

"Why would I let my children become hunters? And my grandchildren at that?"

"You didn't. You weren't around to stop it and to be fair my mother wasn't raised that way. I only became a part of this about a year ago and my brother never will be."

She lets go of Dean and stands up. "Alright, meet me at my house in an hour." I nod and drag Dean back to the car. We drive back to her house and wait for her to return.

After she gets back and John leaves we get out. "I'm not sure you should come inside, my father is a little." She pauses.

"I'm sure it will be fine."

"If you're sure." She leads us inside and her father is on a chair. She introduces us as hunters.

"So hunters how do you kill a vampire a wooden stake or silver?"

"Which type of vampire?" He gives me a slight smile.

"Very few hunters even know that there is more than one type. The most dangerous to humans and frequently hunted."

"You cut their heads off."

"Very good." He seems very impressed with me for knowing so much about vampires. We get invited to dinner with my great-grandparents. We wash up and sit at the table. We find out that their names are Sammael and Deanna, so likely that is what Sam and Dean were named after. They are looking into a case on a farm that seems like demonic omens. 

"So hunting is a family business for you as well?"

"Yes, we take pride in doing our job properly and without help from other hunters."

"Understandable, you never really know who you can trust." He nods in agreement. "However, demons are not a walk in the park. You have to be really careful and prepared."

"You have experience dealing with them?"

"More than I would care for."

"What is the best strategy?"

" Avoid them if you can and if you can't have sigils of protection, devil's traps and an exorcism at the ready."