Little Monster

Skià pov

Another move has yet to be made so I am just stuck following around a boring teenager. I am reading at Benny's house while they are working on something, when I feel a non human soul enter the area. I close my book and stand up drawing Tom and Benny's attention to me. "Something is coming."

I pull a dagger out of my boot and position it properly in my hand. "You carry a knife with you!?"

"A dagger actually but yes. I know that aliens are after people so why would I not have a weapon on my person?" They seem to silently agree that my response is reasonable.

I watch as a fuzzy creature darts around the outside of the shed. It darts closer until it falls into the room through the sun roof.

I make a sword out of the shadows and fend it off while the others run towards the house. I lock it inside of the shed and when the get inside I simply travel into the house while making sure to avoid being seen by his parents.

We eat sandwiches while thinking of a plan on how to deal with it. The sword didn't seem to do much damage, but I didn't use extra strength so that will probably work as a fall back. They must have some main weakness so all we have to do is figure out what it is.

I watch as the shed shakes due to the alien trying to escape. I also saw this alien in the doctors book but all it had other than a description was a warning to not expose them to extreme heat.

Tom does a spell to get Benny's parents out of the house and we start to discuss a plan of attack. "What ever we do we need to keep it away from heat sources."

"Why?"

"I am not quite sure but I know it is horrible."

"Alright do you have any other ideas?"

"Let me think." We find that it got into the house when his parents left and went upstairs. I sort through the pages of the doctors book in my mind and find mention of the creature in a section about aliens with a sensitivity or weakness to sound. "They have a weakness to sound."

Now all I have to figure is if it is high or low sound that affects them. I decide that in all likelihood the answer is high pitched sound. I pull out one of my phones and go to a video of a dog whistle. I turn the volume up all the way and amplify it with a spell.

I hear a sound from upstairs and feel the creatures life force leave. After it's soul is collected I turn to the others. "The sound worked now all we have to do is find the creature and dispose of it's remains."

We look around and find orange goop all over Benny's room. It takes over an hour to get all of the alien out of the carpet and after we have to go home.

I understand why I was placed with the job I was as these boys seem to attract trouble.