Learning

Skià pov

After I finished dinner I went to Rita's house to register Will and Nico for school as they agreed to be here for the six months that Percy will be here. I filled out the paperwork and she told me that tomorrow morning she would file it and get their schedules printed so I should make sure they were to school on time. I agreed and headed home.

When I arrived back at home dad and Aelynn were still the only ones at home. We do not have to wait for long however because soon enough I smell the sea and see Percy step out with a blonde haired girl. I look over at the shadows near them and see Nico and Will arrive and walk out. "You have all gotten so big since I last saw you." I say to the boys before turning to the only girl. "You must be Annabeth, it is a pleasure to meet you."

"Same." She says clearly rather confused. She turns to Percy.  "Percy, I thought you said we were staying with Nico's mom."

"Oh you are. I am infact Nico's mom, of course I have died since then but death never keeps me."

"I see I wonder why?"

"Your guess is as good as mine. The only ideas I have are based on stories that passed though multiple people do they probably are not accurate." I say with a shrug. "Let me show you your rooms and then we can have dinner it is ready."

I walk passed Steve's room and Aelynn's as they are at the very beginning of the hallway filled with doors. My room is next to Aelynn's so I can get to her easily and Steve's is across from hers for the same reason. I put Nico and Will in the room across from mine and put Percy and Annabeth on the other side of mine.

After they all set their things in their rooms we sit at the dinning table. When I reveal what I made both Nico and Percy get really excited because it is Nico's favorite meal that I make and it is blue.

When dinner is over I sit down with them to talk. "First things first Nico and will I signed you up for the local highschool and it starts tomorrow. You are not getting out of a full semester of school." Nico pouts and Will does not seem to care one way or another. "Nico you need to learn more about modern life and history."

"I know but I don't like it. Can't I just have father send a tutor."

"No because most of them are as outdated as you are and also I do not feel like explaining that."

"Fine but when we get back to New York you better get me two happy meals."

"Alright. I did make sure to inform the principal, who happens to be our neighbor, that you both have ADHD and dyslexia as well as informing her about your PTSD bambino."

"Thanks mamma."

"Also if you need it I can turn your textbook into Greek."

"That would be a big help thank you."

"Now Percy, as for why you are here. The three girls are two doors down with an older mermaid. She is giving them housing for now."

"So they are already on land. That makes my job easier."

"Also for the boy that was turned into a merman, I am training him and making sure he understands the importance of secrecy and control."

"Good."

Nico and Will adjusted well to school especially since they had all the same classes and I turned all their textbooks to Greek for ease of understanding. The mermaids however did not. The principal of the school is in charge of them though so I do not have to do anything about it. Percy got a job at the aquarium and Annabeth got a job at the school as a mythology teacher as the old one quit last minute.

Zac has gotten a good grasp on control and a understanding of how dangerous it would be if the secret was revealed so we finally started on his water powers.

Zac somehow has still not figured out that the girls are not human even though it is super obvious. They still seem convinced that they can turn him human again so he has been rather troubled.

Today is a full moon and Zac is trying to convince me to go to Mako Island with him tonight. "I cannot, I have to stay home with Aelynn."

"We both know that you have other people that can watch her."

He counters every excuse I give him and I also feel like something somewhat bad is going to happen if no one goes with him so finally I agree but only if I can bring Percy as he can solve any problems that I will not be able to with paws.

Zac agrees even though he has never met Percy and we agree to meet at the pier at six tonight. I head to the house and prepare before going to the aquarium to tell Percy that he is coming with me. He does not get a choice.

After dinner me and Percy say goodbye for the night, grab our things and head to the pier. Zac is already there with his boat when we arrive so we climb in and start our trip to the island.