Beach

Skià pov

The rest of August was spent in Kyoto as there was a big yokai war and I was in charge of protecting the humans as the yokai fought it out and Tony Stark made a reappearance at the end of September. Which coincided with more shield missions. Dealt with some demon angel drama and some cases. Finally it is Christmas eve and I am just sitting on a beach in California as I have been helping with scorpion here.

I stretch out on the hot sand and look into the comforting water but it was all for not as soon I got a call from Walter. Apparently a child is trapped in a cave due to a rock slide and the cave is slowly filling with water. I quickly get my stuff and travel there. I am the first to arrive because I was so quick. I quickly asses the situation before heading over to where Walter is standing.

We find out that he is not accessible so we have to drill a way for him to get out but we have to do it very slowly and at a strange angle or the whole cliff will collapse and crush him. There is a cave next to the one that he is in that we can drill a big enough hole to get to him through. The rest of the people we need finally arrived and we get to work.

I have to constantly keep my skin dry as water hits me in the cave. We get the wall drilled through and place a pipe in it so it doesn't collapse before handing a phone down to the boy. We then Skype call him so we can talk to him and also see the condition that he is in. We very briefly get a hold of his parents and they talk to him but then their phone dies so we have paige talk to him.

While they are talking both me and Toby notice that there is something wrong with his breathing. It turns out that he punctured a lung due to a broken rib so our plan for giving him scuba gear for more time will not work that is when an idea clicks into my head. "I go an idea of what we can do instead but I will need a few supplies. I have most of the things that I need but I am sure the army engineers that are here have the rest.

"Come with me." One of the soldiers says and I am lead back to their truck. I quickly gather the supplies from the truck and pull the rest I need out and of my bag. I plan on making basically a tiny ECMO that takes oxygen from the water instead of the air and puts it in the blood. I take out several of my pumps and a few sensors before dismantling them all and starting to assemble my idea.

I made sure to make a sensor to see how much oxygen he has in his blood as well to insure that he is getting enough to survive. When I finish it I take it straight to the team inside the cave. "How sure are you that this will work?" On of the soldiers asks me.

"Sure enough." I say before pushing it down the pipe. When the video shows him receiving it I give him the directions to stick the device one somewhere with fat. He places it on he arm and I give him a warning that this will sting a little bit before clicking the button and allowing both needles to insert. "Now try holding your breath and going under water." He does as I say and I look at the readings. It seems to be working perfectly. "It seems to be working well so you can let your breath out."

He starts to breathe again and starts to talk with Paige while I pull the others to the side. "This should buy us some time but I am not sure how long because it is the first time I have made this type of things. As well as the pieces being for a different medical device so I am not sure how long it will work. Get down to business." They nod and most of the people start focusing more on getting him out than on how much time we have left.

I continue monitoring him as the water slowly rises. And everything is going well. The people finish drilling the hole and now we are just waiting for them to put the supports in.

I watch it more carefully once the water covers his head and he is now relying completely on my device. The moment that it is safe one of the rescues workers goes down and gets him. After he is out they put him straight in an ambulance to go to the hospital.

He turned out being okay other than slight hypothermia, a broken rib and a punctured lung. The parents of the boy thanked our team many times especially me and Walter for our work on the case. Personally I was just glad that I could help the child not die before his time.