Busy

Skià pov

The rest of the year went by quickly and without anything interesting happening. Today I got a call from Mark that he wants me to head back to Seattle to look at a pregnant patient. I got my stuff together, got ready with my appearance, scrubs and ID and headed there.

I texted him and he told me to meet him in a room so I walked up there to see him and a young woman. She looks very nervous and seems to have some sort of connection to Mark. "So, what do you need me for?"

"It looks like there is something wrong with my daughter's baby."

"You have a daughter." I say with an eyebrow raised as I set up the ultrasound machine.

"Yes."

"Okay. Now sit still this is going to be a bit cold."

"I know I have gotten an ultrasound before. And aren't you too young for this. Dad you said that you were going to call the best obgyn that you knew."

"He is the best doctor I know all together. I promise you are in good hands." Mark says and I simply look at him for a moment. I enjoy his compliment but his daughter clearly needs to be taught respect. I place the gel on her stomach and press the sensor against her stomach. The picture of the baby shows up on the screen. It is a three dementional image so I can get a good look.

The image shows that the baby's legs are tied up in strings of amniotic residue that is cutting off some of the circulation to the baby's legs. He will need a surgery or he will likely lose his legs in utero. I inform them of the situation and the woman says that she can't have a stubby baby. I give her the dirtiest look at that before assessing if I can fix this.

It seems like an easy enough fix the only problem is the speed that it has to be done. The baby can only be out of the womb for so long at this age. It should be fine however especially if I maneuver the baby so only the leg that I am working on is out. I let them know the plan and I leave to inform the chief and get an operating room.

The surgery goes well and it can mostly be done in utero. One of the legs however had to be moved a bit so I could get to the bands  around it but the legs are now free and the baby is doing well. I hang around until she wakes up and give her one more check before signing out and leaving.

I pass her room as I go towards the exit and hear her tell Mark why she was so scared that her child might end up disabled. Apparently she felt that she already led to him being at a disadvantage and couldn't imagine him having more against him. Her father, Mark, started to talk to her about how everything will be fine. I smile slightly and finish making my way out and travel back to my house in LA as scorpion finally got back together a few weeks ago.

I get a message from Toby the moment I arrived home that just says sos. so I just changed out and head to the garage. When I arrive Toby and Silvester are the only ones their and they are panicking. "What is going on?"

"Happy, Walter and Cabe are stuck in a submarine at the bottom of the ocean somewhere and communications are cut off." Toby says.

"Okay. Do you know what they were doing?"

"Working with the military to get information from a thing at the bottom of the ocean."

"So the Navy will have records of where they are. What I am about to do is to stay between the three of us got it."

"Yeah. Why does it seem like you are about to reveal something big?"

"Because I am. And if you tell you and whoever you tell will likely be killed so do with that what you will." I say as I pull out my laptop. I log into the shield database and go to the Navy coverage part of it.

"Is this shield? The super secret government group that we have worked with twice and still know nothing about. With the people that I can't read."

"Yes, did you not wonder why the team that you worked with had two members when I was working with scorpion and had three when I could not help?"

"Not really."

"So that means that you are the one with the purple hair?" Silvester adds.

"Yes. Now they keep an eye on all missions just in case we get called in so we have all the details. Now give me the approximate location."

"Here we have a map and Walter says it was right but that was a while ago." He shows me a map that has a sandwich in the place of the submarine. I enter the location and a few results pop up. Only one matches the mission that they were supposed to be doing so I pull up the location of the mission and call Fury.

"Ghost, what do you want?"

"A Navy mission has gone awry."

"Mission number?"

"6602400."

"I will inform the supervisors of that mission."

"Alright." He hangs up and I turn to Toby and Silvester.

"They should be retrieved soon by the Navy and I remind you that no one can know about my business with shield or people will be in danger."

"Not a problem." Toby says so I nod and we sit and wait for the others to return.

When they return and we insure that they are fine I head home and finally get some sleep.