Leader

Skià pov

"Your friends with the third heir aren't you?"

"Perhaps we are what is it to you?" I reply to the main yokai of the group.

"I will gnaw on you all night long."

"Oh that is not very nice. Now why don't you let these girls go as I am of more value anyway."

"I am not going to let these cute kittens go."

"I thought you might say that." I look at my bracelet and find a blade given to me by Onmyōji four hundred and sixty years ago about. They told me it was a spirit blade made to kill yokai. I grow it to its full size and gently move it around in my hands to get used to it after so many years of not using it as it doesn't affect anything but yokai. "Now then how do you want to be disposed of? There are so many fun ways to make you disappear for threatening Innocents."

Yura pulls out her shikigami papers and summons them. I am slightly surprised by how many she summons. We take out rat after rat but something feels wrong. I look back at the other girl that is with us. She is slowly being surrounded by rats. I quickly turn around and attack them before they can attack her.

We destroy most of them and the others run away leading me to their base without their knowledge. I finish getting the girls home and head back to the mansion to sleep as I will deal with the rats in the morning as they won't make another move tonight.

I wake up and eat breakfast before working on some projects to fill the time until the meeting. Rikuo is at school so I can't hang out with him either.

Finally at around three Yokai of the clan start arriving for the meeting. I change into the proper dress and go find Ri. We wait until everyone has arrived and then we make our way in and sit at the front.

Some of the newer members look at me confused while the older ones seem almost relieved. They probably understand that Ri has been the supreme commander alone for too long. "Welcome clan leaders. We will start with an important announcement. Ema here will be taking up the mantle of acting commander until Rikuo is old enough." Some of the new people start to grumble while the older ones that have seen me before simply nod happily. "Enough. As I am sure the older members remember this is not the first time they have been acting commander. Also in the event that Rikuo does not take the mantle of supreme commander or takes longer to accept, Ema will be the supreme commander."

Again the new members seem angry that they don't even have a chance of taking over. Ri allows me to speak now. "Silence!" Everyone quiets some looking mildly alarmed. "I have known your leader for over four hundred years. I know that I am not yokai but that does not mean that I am human, you should know that there is more to the world than that. Now the first thing that I have to bring up is that the rat yokai are being active again. They are killing humans in our territory and tried to set a trap for the third heir."

Whispers breakout at the thought that they went after the supreme commanders grandson. "I am going to talk to Rikuo about it and then we will be going after the rats." Cheers fill the room and I smile.