Red Riding Hood

Skià pov

I wake up and eat breakfast. I message my dad and tell him that I might be here for a while. I also ask how we want to deal with Aelynn's care. We decide since I will be doing most of my training lessons on weekends I will have her on weekdays and he will have her on the weekends. We decide that we will start this trade off next week as this week is almost over.

I get some basic stuff together and pull some of my weapons out of the shadows. I put them in a bag and head to Nick's house.

When I get there I knock on the door and he answers. He looks like he barely got any sleep if any at all. "I see that you are still in an undesirable place of mind. Perhaps we can fix that. Follow me." He nods and slips his shoes on. We walk to the trailer and I open it. The contents inside is what is to be expected. Some weapons, books, poisons and some other things.

"What am I?"

"Your aunt said that you are a Grimm."

"So you're going to train me to be a Grimm?"

"Mostly just a hunter in general but I will try my best with the Grimm part of things as this is all rather new to me too." I say as I pick up a book that has Grimm family names. I look through it and spot Evans. So my birth mother from last life must have died recently. At least now I know where it comes from.

"New to you?"

"Your aunt kindly informed me that I am a Grimm as well. And this book informed me of which line that was from."

"So what you're saying is that you will be learning about this too?"

"Yes but I know plenty about hunting so we will start with that. Oh and also try not to make eye contact with anyone that briefly turns into a creature, they seem to be able to detect that you are a Grimm through that."

"Okay."

"So let's start with basic hunting skills." We go over being observant, choosing which battles to fight, how to find creatures that are dangerous and how to insure that you are only going after dangerous creatures. He picked them all up pretty quickly as he is a police officer and we finished the lesson right before he had to go to work.

I walk back to my house when I decide that I need something to do when I am not teaching Nick. Probably something tame or I will have to sign Aelynn up for daycare. But perhaps daycare would be good for her as she has never interacted with someone her age before.

I decide that I am going to apply to work at the police station. I will apply under my BAU identity as I do not feel like taking classes again. I apply and then wait for word. It will likely take a few days so I decide to spend my time for the next few days exploring the town and training Nick when he is not at work.

When Sunday night rolls around I get a call from the police station. It is on my BAU phone so I know what it is about. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Mr. Gram?"

"Yes."

"I looked through your application and talked to your supervisors at the FBI and decided that you would make a great addition to our team. Can you start tomorrow?"

"Yes, of course."

"Good." We talk a bit more about the job before hanging up. I collect Aelynn and put her to bed before going to bed myself.

In the morning I get up, eat, get dressed and then get Aelynn up. I get her ready for the day as well before heading to a daycare that I found on my computer. I signed her up last night so when I get there all I have to do is sign her in.

After Aelynn is dropped off I head to the station. It is open and has lots of people at desks. I follow the directions that the captain gave to me so I could find his office.

When I arrive he gives me a rundown of what I will be doing and how this place runs before handing me a booklet on what we are allowed to wear and my badge. I get out of the office before heading out to the main area and sitting at the desk marked with my name. I can tell that the chief is not fully human but he does not seem like a threat so I am not going to do anything about it.

I get handed a case file and it looks like I will be working with Nick. The case file has two pictures of girls inside. One is confirmed to be dead and the other is a suspected victim as she has been missing. Both of them went missing wearing red sweaters with a hood and the aunt said all the fairy tales made by the Grimm brothers are based on real stories so perhaps it is a wolf Wesen.

We walk the path that she was supposed to go home on and a path through the forest that would get her home more quickly even though she was supposed to avoid going through the forest we found he backpack in a bush inside. I can smell that something either is here or was here very recently.

Nick finds boot prints and follows them to some houses. When he gets there he sees a wesen's face and automatically assumes that they are the killer. However they do not smell of enough blood for that to be true. And the only blood he smells of is his own blood and animal blood. I walk up to him and grab his arm. "What?"

"He is not the killer. Look at him, really look at him and you should be able to feel that too." He looks at him for a while before nodding at me.

"Yeah, I can tell." Well that worked better than I thought. Most hunters take years to learn to feel whether a creature is a threat or not. If they even bother to learn it at all.

We spend the rest of the day looking before returning to the house with the wolf as he might know something even if he did not do it and he clearly caught what Nick is.