Departures and Commitments

Skià pov

Derek and Meredith are getting married tonight and I am to be his best man. I also found out before I got to work this morning that Izzy is sick, she has cancer. I plan on going to visit her in three days on the day after I leave.

I get to work early and get to work as I probably have to leave a little early as well to get some things worked out before the wedding. The day has been easy so far but I am not about to jinx it as the fates like to mess with people. Especially me. There are no pediatric surgeries today so it is mostly just checking on my patients.

Suddenly I get paged to the pit. I don't have anything to do so I head down rather quickly. I get there before whatever emergency that is coming does.

It turns out that a group of college students were piled in a car to go to graduation and they got hit by a semi. The three that are in the best condition are given to groups of interns while I am told to look at some of them that are in much worse of conditions.

As I am waiting for my patients I hear one of the 'healther' people code and sadly they aren't able to bring him back. I already saw a reaper come for his soul so I don't even try to help. Before I even have time to think another comes in who is bleeding heavily out of a chest wound. I quickly pack it and use a small amount of magic to keep from excess blood loss before passing him to another person for scans and heading to help the next person.

The next person is a girl in a pink sweater. She has no soul connected to her body and her abdomen is completely torn open so I call her and move on. Today does not seem to be going the way we clearly all thought it would. Next I am to look at a girl with blue hair, she has a quickly darkening mark of death but has not died yet so I do what I can and stabilize her to where the mark is not getting any darker.

We ended up being able to save four out of seven of them and I am sure that it would have gone more poorly if I hadn't been here. After we had made sure that the four that lived would stay okay I was expected to head to the church for the wedding. I take a deep breath. Two more days and I will no longer be surrounded by reapers all the time.

They had a lovely little ceremony with friends and family before having a full on party where sadly they still wouldn't let me drink.

After my last two day's at the hospital I took all of my required things from my house here and headed to the hospital that had Izzy in it. The moment I arrived I went to Izzy's room and saw her and my great uncle Denny inside. I went in and they both seemed rather sad. "What's wrong?"

"The doctor said she has a tumor in her brain that is inoperable and is slowly killing her. There is nothing we can do." I look at her and see that her mark of death looks strange so I look at something I haven't looked at in a while, fate. I pick through the strings in the room that are coming from me, her and Denny. I gather just hers before looking through the different paths her life can take.

The first shows what the doctors said. She slowly got sicker and sicker until she finally ended up dieing. Denny looked lost he didn't leave the cemetery where she was buried until a demon came by and killed him for being a Winchester by blood.

The second showed me helping her. She recovered and they went on to have children. They looked happy. Until one night a coven of demon witches came into their home and killed the full family for being of Winchester blood.

The last string that was here showed me calling my uncles. They came and brought Cas who healed her. After that my uncles explained everything to them and they decided to join the family business. They did that for a few years before retiring to start a family. They went on to have the same children as the second one but when the witches came they knew what to do. They had a few more run ins but ended up living a long life with a lot of family surrounding them. They even made sure that their children only knew once they were adults so that they could protect themselves when they went out in the world.

I decided pretty quickly and called my uncles. "Sam."

"Alex? What's wrong?"

"I think it is time that Denny and Izzy learn about the family business."

"Why?"

"I may or may not have the ability to look at future paths that fate can take for Izzy's life because she is sick and they may or may not die of hunts if we don't tell them. Also bring Cas."

"We will be there soon."

"What do you mean by what you just said?" Izzy asks me.

"Wait until they get you and then we will explain." They don't seem particularly happy with that explanation but don't say anything about it.

When they get here I get Cas to heal her and then we all explain the world that we are a part of. They take it surprisingly well and as I saw in my visions of fate they decided to become hunters.

After we leave the room Dean pulls me aside. "Now what is this about seeing fate?"

"I have been able to do it since my third life."

"Does this have anything to do with the French god of death?"

"Nope."