Dragon

Skià pov

I sign the blood adoption papers and write her name as Aelynn Moore. My identity as Rowan is technically old enough to adopt him anyway as he is 18 now. I hand the paperwork back to Jareth and he hands me the potion. I place my blood into the adoption potion and hand it back to him. He magics the potion into a bottle before feeding it to Aelynn.

After she drinks it all Jareth hands her to me. "I want books about human phoenixes and griffins."

"I will send them to you." He says before taking the papers and leaving.

"Sorry about the mess he made. He is not used to interacting with people."

"It's fine. What are you going to do with this baby?"

"Care for her if course. Do not worry I will get the things I need and she will be quiet during class."

"Okay. I will let the teachers know." I nod and leave the room. I grab the books out of the air as they appear and walk to my room.

When I get there I set all of my things down and create all the things that Aelynn will need before putting a silencing charm around my room and giving her some formula.

After I put her to bed I read the two books Jareth provided. It says that as Aelynn gets older she will either gain the ability to change completely into a griffin form, be able to use traits of a griffin like their wings or a mixture of both. Human Phoenix's come back to life in flames like regular phoenixes. However when they do they return to their pre death forms instead of being reborn completely. They also have a chance of gaining wings.

After I finish going over the books I go straight to sleep. I, of course, have to wake up every few hours to feed Aelynn.

Classes go fine. They are interesting because they rely on different things than I am used to. However things go downhill when Landon and a dagger go missing.

I get called down to the headmaster's office and I have a feeling that it has to do with Landon so I pack a small bag and tie Aelynn to my chest before heading down.

I open the door to the office and Hope is in there arguing with the headmaster. "I was called?"

"Oh, Alex. You are the only one that has knowledge of Landon's creature so we need you to come with us to find him."

"Alright." He seems relieved. He finally gives in to Hope and lets her come along as well.

We drive for a while until we reach an area that is surrounded by police tape. The headmaster gets out and talks to the sheriff.  He then comes back and tells us to take a look. The whole insides of the bus is covered in ash. It seems that all the people here burned.

I pick up a small handful of ash and blow it into the air telling my magic to recreate what happened here. It shows Landon pull out the dagger from his coat and look at it strangely. An explosion comes from the dagger. Everyone dies including Landon but he comes back to life and flees the seen.

"It looks like the dagger did this."

"How?"

"It seems that the dagger has it's own power that was somehow activated. We have to find Landon and the dagger before anyone else gets hurt." They nod and we follow his foot prints into the forest until we come across a small house.

Inside it is rather empty until we get to the basement. When we look down there it is filled with treasure from phones to watches. Landon is also there but he seems scared. I walk up to him and press my hand on his head before looking into his eyes.

I read through his mind as this doesn't seem like something that he would do. I find a dark pool in the back of his mind that is tell Landon to take the dagger to it. Strange. I block it off with a powerful spell and make sure that it will stay before exiting his mind. I did not remove it because I do not know what it is and removing it could be dangerous for him. "He did not choose to leave or take the dagger something was controlling his actions."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"We need to get out of here before she gets back." Landon says.

"She?"

"There was a woman here but she wasn't human."

"Where is the dagger?" He pulls it out of his coat. "Alright let's go to the car. Everyone follows me out.

As we reach the front yard we see a woman and Landon returns to his scared behavior. This must be the woman. I look here over and use all of my senses to pick up on what she is. She feels like a dragon but slightly off. So I decided to try to speak to her.

I channel my dragon lord powers and speak to her. "What are you doing?" Everyone around me turns to face me.

"He told me I needed to bring the dagger to him and then I would be free."

"Who is he?"

"Malavor, the pit."

"And what are you?"

"A dragon." She must be like Fùmu but as a European type dragon.

"What are you doing here? I have never seen a dragon like you in the Americas."

"My people were hunted down and thrown into the pit by villagers."

"I see. If I removed his control would you like to go where there are other dragons?"

"There are still dragons?" She says relief filling her voice and body language.

"Yes there is a reserve full of dragons that I know people at in Romania. Likely you would mostly have to stay in your dragon form though."

"I would love to be with more of my kind." I nod and go into her mind. The same pit is in her mind but this time instead of blocking it I completely removed it. It left without much trouble.

I remove myself from her mind and pull out my old family and friends phone and call Charlie to come and get her. After that I tell her to stay here and we return to the school.

Later in the day I get a message from Charlie that she was safely retrieved and is now amongst the other dragons.