Blood

Skià pov

I had a case with scorpion where we had to check over a rocket that was set to launch. A unsub however sent us a message and a person with a bomb attached to her. The message says that he is watching us and he gave us a few events that have happened to the others earlier in the day. He then told the team that they have to sabotage the rocket or face the consequences.

I, of course, have experience with the bomb squad and the incident with the people with bomb vests that Sherlock had to deal with. So I know exactly what to do. We removed her from view and I dismantled the bomb and deactivated it.

After that we finished the checks and the rocket launch went off without a hitch. I did however also make a quick stop before the launch and manipulated the satellite that they planned to launch so that it was limited in what it could do, I don't want people knowing my every action. It turned out that the person that did it was the man who used to be in charge of scorpion for homeland.

I get a call saying they need me at the hospital because they don't have enough hands. Apparently there was a shooting at a  local college and they need help with the people. I quickly get my things together and head straight there. I walk into the chaotic ER and talk to Meredith before getting right to work. The mental wounds from the hospital shooting still fresh even though it was months ago.

I spend the day doing surgeries in temporary rooms in the ER saving as many people as possible. I jump from patient to patient as quickly as possible and leave the patch work to the residents, interns and nurses.

It was touch and go for a few of them but by working together we saved all of the people that came to our hospital from the school today. All together it was good. I gather my stuff and head to my apartment here.

When I get there I strip out of my bloody scrubs and head straight to the shower. I sit there for a while as the blood is washed off of me before turning the shower off and drying myself. I slip into my bed and finally allow myself to relax.

I quickly returned to LA to work with scorpion on more cases. This morning I got called saying that Walter got in a car accident because he was distracted. I walk to the hospital and see that he is totally fine.

He is just talking to a little girl who is here for a heart transplant. I join in the conversation while we wait for the others to arrive. She says that after she is better she wants to be a doctor to help other people like her. I tell her that that is a great idea.

Soon enough the others arrive and the girl has to leave for a few moments to get some water. Walter gets a few tests and is fine but we end up having to wait here anyway because Toby told the doctors they were incorrectly treating a patient and to test them for a disease so we have to wait for the test to come back.

The test comes back positive so the doctor questions how he knew. He of course says that he remembers everything he ever learned in med school. Which of course is true. The real problem is that the patent came in fine and then got sick with a deadly virus that is not found in the United States and he has not been anywhere outside of the states.

This leads to a different problem. This means that somehow the patient got a deadly disease from heavily regulated blood. This means that there is something wrong with the blood system at some point and likely someone switched the blood bags or the codes on them so contaminated blood is read as safe.

We quickly find out that it is not just the blood here that is contaminated as two other hospitals in the area had the same thing happened meaning it is likely a problem at the blood bank. Soon after we find out about the hospitals a email is received that informs is that this was not an error in printing, it was done on purpose.

The girl we were talking with is in the lobby and the doctor is saying that they don't have the blood to do the surgery. The problem is that she will not last long enough for another heart to be available for her is she doesn't get the heart available today.

"Excuse me. I am with homeland and working on the tainted blood issue. I am a type o negative, the universal donor. You can take my blood."

"I'm sorry but Olivia has a very rare blood type. We had to have a few bags flown in just for her."

"I have RH null blood, golden blood so no matter what blood type she has it will work."

"One bag likely will not be enough."

"My team can work on getting the blood she needs back by sorting out the code and you can start with this. And if all else fails I know a few other people with RH null blood."

The doctor stays quiet for a moment. "Okay we will go on with the surgery." Both the mom and the girl breathe sighs of relief as they head back to prep for surgery and scorpion heads off to figure out the blood issue. I get taken back to a room as well and they set up the machine to take my blood. I insure that it is only the human blood that is being taken as she does not need another problem.

When my bag of blood is done I get a snack from the doctor and they take it into the room where they are getting ready to perform the surgery. I message Toby and he tells me that they figured out who did it and the difference in the code but now they are getting the other blood she needs from a moving truck as they started removing the blood to take it to a testing center.

They started the surgery without the extra blood, trusting Walter to be back in time. And he was he arrived soon after they started having to use mine.

The surgery went well and her body accepted the heart. The man who did this has been arrested and all the blood has been returned.