Transformation

Skià pov

All of my duties were calm so I did not have to leave my dad. The only work that I had to do was answer a call from Draco about my company. I have been feeling rather restless so I think that my first shift for this life is coming.

I wake up on the day of the full moon and I can feel the energy bursting under my skin.  I sigh and get out of bed to get ready for the day.

My dad let me decorate my room however I wished. He tried to convince me to let him pay for it but I would not let him. My room has walls that look like space from the view I had when I was with chaos and my siblings from that time. The floor was carpet that looked like grass and the lights other than the main one looked like stars. My bed was the one that he already had for guests and it has sheets that look like the ocean. A few book shelves line the walls filled with books and small resilient plants.

I get dressed and get ready to go on a run with my dad. The run should help me get rid of some of my excess energy and the sun should help as well.

The day had no dramatic events other than the wild fluctuations in my blood sugar. Soon night is about to fall and I am getting a little nervous. I know that I have perfect control but I cannot confirm that my dad will not come in my room while I am still in wolf form.

After dinner I change into pajamas and say goodnight to my dad before going into my room and closing the door. I look out the window as the sun sets and the moon starts to rise. It only takes a few moments before I am a wolf. I gently snuggle into my bed and go to sleep.

I woke up in my human form in my bed. I vanish the fur in my bed and look at the door to my room. It is still closed and it doesn't seem as though anyone came in.

I quickly get dressed and we go on a run. When we get back we have breakfast and there is a knock at the door. I go to answer it and as I approach I smell a creature so I open the door quickly and close it behind me. I drag the people out of the apartment building and over to the park where we sit on the bench and I wait for them to speak because they clearly want to say something.

They take too long so I speak first. "What did you come here for?" The man who smells human and the girl who smells of many creatures look at each other before turning to me.

"I run a school in Virginia for supernatural kids."

"And why did you come to me?"

"We have a spell that picks up witch, werewolf and vampire children who are not from families of those creatures the moment they come into their powers so we can find them and take them to the school to make sure they can control themselves." The man says.

"Okay?" I say not sure for which they came for me.

"We picked you up on our spell as a werewolf yesterday." So they clearly they don't pick up on the main type of magicals. I assume that they didn't pick up on the fact that I am a vampire because I was born this way every life since I changed. "We want you to come with us to the school. We will tell your guardian that you have been accepted into a school for the gifted."

"It is fine I will just tell my dad that I have something that came up but I want to come home every weekend and be able to leave whenever because I have commitments."

"We can work that out as long as you agree to stay for the full moon if it falls on one."

"Deal." I shake his hand and we walk back to the apartment building. They walk to their car and I walk in.

"So what was that about?"

"Something came up and I will be gone for a while but I will be back every weekend."

"Okay but I expect you to call me." I nod. I gave him my old family phone number a few days after I moved in.

"I will." I pack up my things that are here and head back out and get into the car. "So who are you two?"

"This is Hope Michaelson and I am Alaric Saltzman."

I think of where I have heard of the Michaelson family before. They were a family of vampires that resided in New Orleans. "As in Elijah Michaelson?" He was the only one I really interacted with of the three.

"Yes he is my uncle." Hope says.

"Interesting." I have not seen them in quite a while as they left New Orleans for a while and I didn't know where they went. "I met him in New Orleans once." Or about a thousand times. He is a good friend of mine. We had quite the time keeping his brother out of trouble.

"Oh." Is all she says.

"We have to stop one more place and it is a bit far so you might as well get comfy." I nod and pull out a book.

We arrive at a church at night fall. It is the night after a full moon so any stress can trigger a werewolf easily. I can hear screams of pain coming from inside. We quickly get out of the car and head to the doors.

The doors are blocked by something so Hope blasts them open. Inside is a transforming werewolf and some people trying to perform an exorcism on him. It isn't even a very good exorcism. The two from the school head in and I stay with the boy outside. "So who are you in this situation?"

"He is my foster brother, my brother."

"I see." I look at him and can tell that he is not human but I cannot quite pinpoint what creatures he is. His lack of parents does not help either.

"Who are you?"

"Oh just another kid that they retrieved to take to their school."

"School?"

"They seem to run a school for the supernatural."

"So why are you going?"

"I am a werewolf sort of."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't tell them this but I am pretty sure that I am a different wolf human hybrid than the ones they are used to."

"Oh. What is my brother?" I look over at the boy and the amount of pain he is in.

"My guess is werewolf as well. Probably the type that they are used to but not one that I think I have ever run into."

"How many types of werewolves are there?"

"Many but not as many as the different types of vampires. Though they seem to only cater to one type of those as well."

"Hm." The rest of the time until we are all in the car is spent in silence between us.