Killer Tree

Skià pov

We get taken to a place that is clearly their home and I set the doctor on a bed. Rose's mother brings over a stethoscope and I take it to check his hearts. They both sound good and his pulse is fine but he is burning up. Most likely from the excess energy he has in his body right now.

After I finish checking him over I sit on the couch and pull out a book. Rose and the man she hugged when she first got here left, I believe that they are courting. Her mother offers me some tea and I accept it happily. However I just can't shake the feeling that something is off.

Rose and the man rush in saying something about not being safe when Rose locks her eyes on the tree. I look over at it as she seems very concerned. "Mum where did you get that tree?"

"What do you mean?"

"That tree is new where did you get it?"

"I thought you got it." Well this can't be good. I make it look like I am reaching into one of my pockets but really reach into the shadows to grab something that I haven't used in a very long time. My sonic screwdriver.

The doctor gifted it to me when I traveled with him hundreds of years ago. It is a sleek silver device with a purple crystal at the end. I scan the tree and the readings show something rather worrying. The tree is made out of alien technology and being controlled.

I try to get a reading on where the control is coming from but before I can it starts spinning towards us ruining everything in it's wake. I quickly stop tracking the signal and change the settings before turning to the tree and destroying the internal mechanics. It sparks before stopping. "Well then, we clearly have a problem but I promise it is very safe here. I also believe I understand why the TARDIS came to me first."

"Why?"

"Because something is happening here and the doctor is out of commission."

"But why you?"

"The TARDIS knows me well. It doesn't exist in time like we do so all of the things that happen to it it has experienced already."

"So you are in the TARDIS a lot in the future?"

"Years, but a lot of it has already happened if you talk about the earth timeline." She nods clearly confused. "Well it is time we figure out what is going on."

I go outside and there are pilot fish, robots, holding the remote control. "Something big is coming and it is after the energy that the doctor is letting out."

"What are we going to do about it?"

"We wait for them to make a move and once they reveal themselves we will strike." Rose simply nods and we settle back on the couch as it is still mostly fine.

"Was that a sonic screwdriver?"

"Yes the doctor gave it to me a long time ago."

"Are you an alien?"

"No."

"Then how did you meet the doctor and do the things that you have done?"

"I met the doctor a very long time ago, I helped him out of a tricky situation. I believe that is the only time he has met me so far but he has helped me and I have helped him many times. As for how I have done the things like changing my age. Well I can't exactly tell you that but I can tell you that earth is a lot more complicated than people think."