Virus

Skià POV

When we arrive there is increased security out front and a van from the CDC. Silvester seems rather disturbed by the van and tries to go back to the car but gets dragged along anyway. We meet up with agent Gallow and he gives us the rundown while leading us inside. Due to the severity of the situation Gallow sends Silvester, Toby and Happy back to the car while the rest of us head in.

Inside I see a little girl sick in her bed she has a mark of death but it is not super dark meaning there is a way to save her we just have to figure it out. They show us to her laptop while explaining the rest of the situation. The governor's daughter is sick with an unknown disease, is only positive for the common cold out of all the tests they gave and her computer has a virus on it that repeats the words 'It's your fault she's sick.'.

It is only on her computer and no one else is sick. It seems that she has a specially made virus. We open the quarantine tent that she is in so she can get some air because no one else can be affected by her disease. After that we head out so that we can track the computer virus and ultimately the virus on the girl.

The computer virus comes back to a hacker den and some of the team goes to check it out while the rest of us keep searching just in case that lead comes up with nothing. We look through his threats and come up with nothing so I dig deeper. I find out that he was part of a company that did drug trials but can't limit it down to any of the trials that may have led to this. Until I get a message saying that the computer virus was sent to other computers and the children who owned those computers are sick.

With that information I can limit it to one trial that was stopped. It seemed to work on some people with the rare disease that it was supposed to stop but it was pulled and then turned into a drug for asthma. The people it worked for must be understandably angry at that but it must have something to do with children as the children are the ones being targeted. The problem is all of the files are only available on paper and all of those papers are in a room inside of the company building.

Silvester has a perfect memory for everything written so he is to go in and look at all the files before leaving. We get him in by hacking the system and then distracting a person so we can use his name for the card.  Unfortunately he got back to the building too quickly and Silvester was put in a difficult spot but he got out without getting caught and with all the files memorized.

He writes out all the files and we sort them. Any of the people who it didn't affect or who got the placebo got dismissed immediately. Any adults in the trial were also dismissed. I dismissed any children that were still alive because parents wouldn't be killing children unless they lost one of their own. It leaves just a few files one of which is a child who died who's father works in the biology department at a college. We have found our unsub.

We quickly head to his work but he is not there so we ask his lab assistant to let us into his office. They seem unsure but when Gallow shows his badge the assistant lets us in immediately. I look around his office and see a prototype for the device he uses to get people sick. Walter gets into the computer and several different DNA sequences come up. One too many for the amount of messages there were.

When we decode who each sequence belongs to we see that one of them belongs to the governor and that one is not one that will slowly kill him. If he is exposed to it he will die in minutes. We call the security and find out that the governor got a call and then snuck out. I did however find a map of a mall near here so he probably is there.

While we are driving there I hack both their phones and it shows that they are both at the mall. We alert security and the moment we arrive we run in and spread out. I run towards the middle where I see Walter coming towards the middle from a different direction. Then I see both the governor and the unsub.

The unsub lets out the aerosolized spray that is full of the virus. I tackle the unsub and toby tackles the governor to keep him away from the spray. Finally Walter uses a lighter and a air freshener spray to make a flamethrower and activates the sprinkler system which knocks the particles out of the air and away from the governor. After that agent Gallow takes the unsub from me and hands him over to a cop that just arrived.

I can hear Walter going off on the governor as he specifically told him not to do anything stupid. The governor said that the man said that if he came he would give him the cure for his daughter. Walter breaks it to him that the unsub never intended to give him a cure, the unsub was going to kill him.

The governor was shocked and Walter took his moment of silence to tell him that we sent the cure to the CDC to be made and his daughter would be fine. He was so relieved that he cried.

Everyone got sorted and we headed back back to the garage where the scorpion office is. The unsub is briefly being kept here until the correct authorities come to get him so Gallow is up stairs with him while the rest of us wait for notice that the cure works.

Gallow accidentally opens up the line for speaking to the people downstairs while up stairs and reveals that he lost a child as well to the unsub. Unintentionally he also reveals it to the team the moment that my brain processes what is happening I disconnect it because that is a moment that we don't need to be a part of.

A little while late we get informed that all the cure that the CDC made are working and the children are getting better. I smile at that and finally get up to leave.