Dad

Skià pov

I get messaged by Nat with no explanations and told to meet her at a building in Kolkata. I agree and get my things before traveling to the place and seeing that she is already there and waiting. "Care to explain what is going on?"

"No time, you will get a debrief when we are on the chopper."

"Alright."

Our conversation ends just moments before a little girl comes running through and a man follows. The man stops looking confused when the little girl jumps through the window. "Should have got paid upfront Banner." The man says to himself.

"You know for a man who is supposed to be avoiding stress you picked a hell for a place to settle." Nat says to him as she walks out. I follow after her.

"Avoiding stress isn't the secret."

"Then what is it? Yoga?"

"You brought me to the edge of the city smart. I assume the whole place is surrounded?"

"Just you, me and him." She says before pointing at me. He jumps a little seeming to notice me for the first time.

"And your actress buddy? Is she a spy too? Do they start that young?" He says clearly referring to the girl who lured him here.

"I did." Nat responds.

"Who are you?"

"Natasha Romanoff."

"And you?" He says pointing to me.

"Marshall Irrwen." I say as this is the name that I decided on for this situation.

"Are you here to kill me. Because that's not going to work out for everyone."

"No, no, of course not. l'm here on behalf of shield."

"Shield. How'd they find me?"

"We never lost you, doctor. We've kept our distance. Even helped keep some other interested parties off your scent."

"Nick Fury seems to trust you. But now we need you to come in."

"What if I say no?"

"I'll persuade you."

"And what if the other guy says no?" I cock my head to the side at that.

"You've been more than a year without an incident. I don't think you want to break that streak."

"Well I don't every time get what I want."

"Doctor we are facing a potential global catastrophe."

He lets out a nervous chuckle. "Well those I actively try to avoid." I zone out because this conversation is boring and whatever I miss will be filled in on the plane.

After a bit Nat gets my attention and we walk out. The man seems surprised that no one is out here. "So you weren't lying when you said it was just us."

"No I wasn't. I don't need backup if he is here." I pout playfully when she says that.

"I thought I was just here for moral support."

"Oh cut it out, you knew why you were here."

I let a grin slip onto my face. "That does seem to be one of the two reasons I am called in." I say and we climb onto the plane. I get filled in on the details of what is going on in Russian because apparently the doctor here doesn't know it. She tells me that Loki is back and he can control people using a staff. When controlled their eyes turn blue. This follows what the norns said. Apparently he stole something that has problematic levels of energy so now we have to find him, the object and our people that he is controlling. "And you didn't think that this was important to tell me while it was happening?"

"I was not there. I didn't even know it happened till after."

"Hm." The rest of the ride was filled with silence.

When we arrive we get doctor Banner to his lab and head back out to greet another member of the team that they are apparently forming. The jet lands and it opens as we walk up. Out walks agent Coulson and my dad, Steve Rogers.

I simultaneously want to cry, run up and hug him and slap him across the face for leaving me. I hold myself together and Coulson introduces us to each other. He is clearly a fan of my dad's work.

As we walk along the top of the ship I rapidly speak in russian to Nat. "Why didn't you tell me he was still alive?!"

"I didn't think you would care. Why do you? Are you a fan?"

"No! He is my dad! I was seven when he got stuck in the ice and everyone told me he was dead! I was raised by Howard Stark for  nine years because of him and Howard is not a good father. He told me he would be back, he was the last of my family in that life!"

"Oh. I'm sorry I guess this is a bit awkward then."

"You don't say."

"But technically he did come back." I give her a dirty look and turn to my phone. I rant to Hades in Greek over the phone as he will listen.

His first response is, "well he is back now you might as well spend more time with him."

"But he doesn't know it is me."

"Then tell him."

"What if he doesn't believe me?"

"I'm sure that you will find a way to make him believe. Tell him something only you would know."

"Thank you. You always seem to know what to say."

"It was no problem my love. Now I am sure that you have something important to do so talk to you again at some other time."

"I am sure you have things to do as well." He makes a noise of agreement on the other end of the phone and the call ends. I look back at my dad unsure and decide that it will have to wait until after the world is safe.