Rats

Skià pov

We talk until I hear someone yell something outside. It is more singsong but I decide to check anyway. "I am going to go check who that is and talk to Rikuo."

"Alright have fun then."

I walk out to see Rikuo and several human children talking to him. I walk up behind Rikuo and shush the children. I place my hand on his shoulder and he jumps. He turns to me and his face turns to a smile. "Uncle Ema! I haven't seen you in so long." He hugs hard as he says that.

I chuckle. "It has been a while. Nine years about."

"Grandpa didn't tell me you were coming."

"I didn't tell him, it was a rather spur of the moment thing."

"Nura who is this?"

"Oh, this is my uncle. He is best friends with my grandpa."

"Hello! We are Nura's friends."

"It is a pleasure to meet you all." One of the girls is looking at me strangely and I realize that she is an Onmyōji. She can probably feel that there is something off about me but can't figure out what. "Well you guys go get comfortable I will get tea."

One of the members of the clan is coming out of the kitchen with tea when I arrive. "I will take that to them." She hands it to me and I take it to the group of friends. As I am walking I feel something that feels like death. I don't see anything though so I simply shrug and take in the tea.

"Thank you Uncle."

"Thanks Mr Nura."

"Your welcome but for future note my last name is not Nura. It is Chi. Now I have to get back to my conversation, I hope you have a wonderful time." I leave and go back to Ri. I always have a great time when I am with Ri because his sake actually has an effect on me for a little bit as it is made to work for yokai.

After a while there was some excitement with a rat yokai that didn't belong to the clan. However the Onmyōji girl disposed of it. Then the two boys left for their homes and the two girls got ready to leave. "Allow me to walk you home." Something didn't feel quite right around them and they both have a very faint mark of death that showed that they have a chance of dieing soon instead of them definitely dieing in the future.

"We could never bother you with that Mr. Chi."

"I insist."

"Alright I guess." They finish gathering their things and we head into the city. It has only changed a little bit since I was last here so it is easy for me to get around.

Everything is going well until we get surrounded by rat yokai. Yura the Onmyōji girl pushes us behind her and faces the main rat people. I carefully observe the situation to decide what I am going to do about it. I decide that they will probably take us back to their base to use us as bait. We need to be sure to rid of all of them so I simply place a tracking charm on the one that seems to be the second in command and step up to help Yura.