Gathering Power

Skià pov

Turns out she only knows about as much as I do. She has been sent here to fix the lack of death in the area. "Alright but before you reap any souls we need to save the other reaper."

"I just want to do my job."

"I am of higher authority and I am telling you to hold off."

"Fine but the moment we deal with that problem I am collecting souls."

"Fair, now help us find your fellow reaper." She nods begrudgingly and we head upstairs to collect the child who knows where the reaper is.

They stay outside while I walk into the room. I sit by the closet were he is hiding. "I know you're scared but we need help finding that man it is really important."

"But then that lady is going to take me away. I don't know what is after this."

"What god or gods do you believe in?"

"My mom always told me to believe in Christianity but I always thought that Norse gods made more sense."

"Really?" I stay quiet for a moment. "I can tell you about their afterlife."

"Why my mom says that there is only the Cristian ones?"

"Well that is false, if anything I would assume that every pantheon is real. As for where you would go because you believe in Norse mythology. First you would go with the reapers to the association where they sort all the spirits into pantheons. Then a specified reaper would take you and all the Norse souls to hela and she would sort you to the different halls. But because you died due to illness you would stay with her but don't worry she is nicer than everyone says."

"How do you know so much?"

"I am very close to Death. Familial bonds and all."

"Okay fine I will help you."

"Thank you." He nods and we head out to where the others are waiting. When we get down to the others the boy tells us where he saw the smoke and as he is doing that the smoke comes and takes the other reaper. I don't worry very much though because the death of a reaper let's out a powerful aura that can be felt by anyone who is aware of reapers.

Over the next few hours me and the boy teach my uncles how to fight in ghost form as they insisted on staying the way they are. By the time that the sun is setting they had a pretty good grip on ghostly powers and we headed to the funeral home to save the reapers.