Vampire

Skià pov

We found another body. It seems to be from last night so it is fresh enough that I can use it to track the vampire who left it. I sniff around the body and realize that it is only a few hours old. Once I pick up the scent I have no problem tracking it. We ride in the SUV with the windows down and I tell Morgan when to turn.

Finally we arrive at an expensive hotel. I can tell that the vampire is inside. As we are about to head inside we get a text. It seems that all the deaths are seemingly linked to a performer named Dante.

When we head inside I just follow the scent to the top floor, the penthouse suite. When we leave the elevator we walk up to the only door on the whole floor and knock. A man answers the door but he is clearly not the vampire but he has definitely been in contact with them. "I'm sorry but no one can enter Dante's rooms." Ah I see.

I flip open my badge and show it to him and Morgan follows my lead. "We just have some questions to ask him as we think he might have seen something regarding a case."

He looks slightly alarmed but quickly ushers us in before popping into the bedroom. A few moments later he comes out with a man that looks sick. He is only in a robe as it appears that he has just woken up. "sorry to intrude but we have a few questions."

"It is not a problem." The man replies in a slight accent. I give him a quick sniff and have to stop myself from covering my nose at the sheer amount that he smells of blood and vampire. We have found our newling, although I am not sure if that is the correct term anymore.

Morgan starts with the questioning while I just study the man. He seems like a good person who just doesn't know what is going on. I am just glad that hunters have not found him yet. I let my scent and aura out and he quickly turns to me stopping in the middle of an answer. This leads to the other two turning to me as well. Morgan just quirks an eyebrow and the person who answered the door looks concerned and confused.

Morgan looks at me for confirmation and I nod so he gets the other man out of the room for 'separate questioning' leaving me in the room with the newling. "What are you?" The man questions me.

"I am a vampire and so are you. Though it does appear that we are different types."

"You know what is wrong with me?" He says before processing the rest of what I said. "Vampire? Different types? But vampires aren't real."

"As real as you and me." I say jokingly. He looks both concerned and unimpressed so I go back to being serious. "Vampires are really and it is the reason why you are feeling ill. Most vampire types need at least twenty four hours of sleep straight to properly transition and then a few weeks to get used to the change in diet."

"Does that mean I killed those girls?" He says in horror.

"Yes but the fault does not lie on you, it lies on your sire. It is their job to ensure you are safe and informed. As your sire didn't do that I will inform you of what I can. In all likelihood your sire has already been killed anyway as most that excessively turn others are the first to be hunted down."

"Sire? Hunted down?"

"Sire is the term for the vampire that turned you. They are in charge of their 'children'. Also there are hunters though they are not strictly vampire hunters. They hunt all monsters that are hurting humans."

"So do I have to drink human blood? To kill people?"

"No, any blood will do. It also seems that human food will be okay as well. Have you been out in the sun yet?" He shakes his head. I frown slightly before using a small amount of my powers from Apollo to have a small beam of light hit him. He winces and I stop immediately before looking at his arm sure enough the spot is burned so he must be one of the types that is sun sensitive. "It seems that sun is harmful to you but I can work on something to allow you out during the day."

"I can still go out during the day?"

"After I finish something give me a moment." I pull out a random bracelet out of my bag and work some spells on it. I carve into some of the beads with symbols to protect him from the sun before placing a charm of unbreaking on it and handing it to him. "If you are wearing that you can go outside safety. Two more warning as you get a bit older as a vampire you will gain more abilities be careful to regulate them. And you need to cover your scent some or every creature in the area will be able to tell what you are."

"How do I do that?"

"Um." I never really thought about it as I have not had to tell anyone this. "Just think about how I smell and find it on yourself. Then imagine making a barrier blocking the smell. Don't let the barrier drop." He listens and swiftly gets less overwhelming to be around. I take this as a sign to hide my own. His eyes snap back open at that but his scent stays mostly hidden. " Good job just remember what I told you and if you need anything here is my number. Also remember not to share this information with anyone. You never know who is safe with it." I say handing him my card that has my personal number for this appearance.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now we have to get back to the police station and pretend that we can't solve this case." I leave the room and grab Morgan before leaving the suite all together. As I make my way out of the building I destroy the scent he left behind as he is still much too young to deal with others hunting him.