Grimm

Skià pov

She drives me over to a house that has the trailer behind it. She must have placed it here before meeting up with me. She walks up to the door so I follow her. She opens the door and we head inside. It is a typical little house clearly shared between two people.

She takes me and sits at the table. "I have a few questions for you."

"Alright."

"First do you know German?"

"Yes."

"Good, most of the books are in German as Grimm's are originally from Germany and so are the Wesen."

"Creature? Really? Could they have been less creative?" She simply shrugs.

"Why did John send you?"

"Well technically I think he intended for his sons, my uncles, to come but they asked me to take care of it because they are busy."

"So you are John's grandson. At least I know you are probably one of the most impressive hunters in the states."

"Probably more like the world, I am often out of the states."

"Oh? Well anyway I am sure you are going to be a good teacher for my nephew. Let me give you some information while we wait." She goes over a lot of the basic information before her nephews girlfriend, I believe, comes into the house. After that we help with cooking dinner.

Soon enough while we were still cutting vegetables and things the man we were waiting for walks in. "Aunt Marie. It is good to see you. Who is this?"

"A good friend of mine's grandson. He is staying in Portland for a little while."

"Oh, I hope you enjoy your time here."

"I am sure that it will at least be interesting." They talk for a bit about random things and then she pulls him into a hug before whispering that they need to talk into his ear. They briefly look at each other before he leads her outside for a walk. I am definitely not staying here alone so I follow.

The first things they talk about are about how sick the aunt is. She tells him that she is not sure how much longer she has left but I know that it is no more than twelve hours. It is a good thing she called me here when she did.

She starts to talk to him about being a Grimm as we are called apparently. She first asks him if he has been seeing things and he answers yes. She starts to panic a bit I guess that she was not expecting him to get his powers before he got any training.

"I know you love her but you have to leave her. It is too dangerous." She says to him about his girlfriend.

"What?! No!"

"Why does he have to leave her do you not have some sort of protection for people near you?"

"No, do you?" The aunt asks me.

"Of course. We are not about to let people we care about be possessed by demons." The man looks very confused. "You can stay with her. Just explain everything to her and I will make sure that she will be okay." He nods still very confused and his aunt continues to explain.

Halfway through we get attacked and the aunt is fatally wounded before I can do anything about it. I see that she pulled out some sort of sword so I simply turn my bracelet into a dagger and finish the creatures off.

Nick runs over to his aunt and she hands him a green key. "Be careful. They will be coming after you and this." She says to him as he takes it before looking at me and then back to him. "He will train you."

"This kid?!"

"Yes, he was trained by the best." She says. I know she is only talking about my uncles but that does not even scratch the surface of the impressive people that have trained me. I can feel her life force start to slip away. "Nick your parents didn't die in a crash, they were killed." She says to him before the last of her life force slips away and her soul is collected by a reaper.

"What?" He says into space. He sits there for a few moments before saying his goodbyes and getting up. He calls the police and waits for them. When they arrive he explains what happens and they tell him to go home.

"We will start your training tomorrow. I need to set up some precautions at your house though to ensure that everyone is fine through the night." He nods in a way that seems disconnected before walking towards his house as I follow.

As we walk I make an amulet of protection for his girlfriend. I finish it by the time we get back and hand it to him. "Give this to your girlfriend she mustn't take it off when she leaves the house. It is for her own safety." He nods and opens the door.

He goes inside and convinces his girlfriend to always wear the necklace, while I stay outside and ward the house. I only ward against things that want to cause them harm so if he makes friends with a wesen and wants them in his house and they are not dangerous to the people here they can come in.

After I am done I head in and we have dinner before Nick takes me back to my house and goes to the police station to help with his aunt's murderer's case.