Codenames

Skià pov

My change in size seems to alarm him as well as my seeming change in age. "I understand that you may have had a reason to leave your parents but that doesn't mean that everyone should leave theirs. Especially for something as little as a grounding. Tom I understand where you anger is coming from but I also understand where your father is coming from. He worries about who you will do in the future if you only rely on your magic, it won't get you everywhere in life."

"But look at him, he is set. He doesn't have to go to school or work, he has no parents to control what he does and he has all this cool stuff!"

"None of it is truly his and he has no one to lean on in his times of need. He doesn't own the house, the items were all created by magic which after time dwindles in objects and he has no money to buy proper things as money created with magic reads as counterfeit. You are in a position where you have reliable people who care for you and provide for you." The boy seems surprised about the diwidling magic and the money statements. "I can help you with things but you will have rules, I will also put up an overpowered blocking spell around you as your magic is too powerful for the spell we put up to block it."

"I'll think about it." I don't have time to continue the conversation because I get a message. It is on my shield phone, and it says we have a mission. I am expected at the shield base in New York as soon as possible. I grab some paint out of the shadows and paint some sigils on the wall before activating them and turning back to the boys.

"Tom go home, you were expected there over an hour ago so your dad and grandmother must be worried. You, " I say pointing to the other boy, "stay right here I will be back as quickly as possible." I shove a necklace that has a protection and a aura blocking sigil on it onto the boy. "Keep that on." I technically made it for Reid and I am working on making more for my uncle's but he needs it more at the moment.

I grab my things and take my things out of the shadows as I travel there. I change into my costume and change my appearance before getting out my card and weapons. I arrive right outside of the building and walk straight in.

I scan my card and head to the assigned meeting room. Inside in Fury and the archer man. I walk in and flop onto a chair, the sound making them notice me. "So we are just waiting on the other person?"

"Yes but while we are waiting let's go over codenames. This man here is Hawkeye, the woman that has yet to arrive is black widow and of course your codename is ghost."