Saved

Skià pov

"Mr. Lux, with me. Anita, if he dies I'll kill him. She says to the leader of the group and one of the other members.

"What about the Vashta Nerada?" Anita asks.

"These are their forests. I'm going to seal Charlette in her own little world, take everybody else away. The shadows can swarm to their hearts content."

"So you think that they are just gonna let us go?"

"Best offer they are gonna get."

"You're gonna make them an offer?"

"They'd better take it. Cause right now I'm finding it very hard to make any kind of offer at all." I understand as it is because of them that all these people were lost for over a hundred years. So it is understandable that he isn't happy with them. He turns to the shadows. "You are going to let these people go. If you want to find out what will happen to you if you don't listen, I am the doctor and we are in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up." The tainted shadows calm for a moment before shaping into a one seemingly signaling that we have one day. he nods and we get back to work. River comes back. "I told you to go with Lux."

"Lux can manage without me but you can't" She says before knocking the doctor out and turning to the rest of us. "You're not going to stop me are you?" She says to the crew, they shake their heads and she turns to me. "You knew the whole time that this was going to happen, didn't you love?" I nod slowly and sadly. "I could see it in your eyes even though you tried to hide it. You knew that I was going to die today."

"I could see it almost as soon as you all arrived but without my intervention so would have the rest of the crew other than Mr. Lux."

"Thank you for being here and keep them safe. Remember if you see me again don't tell me where or how I died."

"Of course I promised didn't I?" I say, tears freely flowing from my eyes."

"Just remember even though I am leaving now I will still be there for you in the future."

"I will. Where do you want to go?"

"The afterlife of Asgard, the doctor and I had such a good time there." I nod, she handcuffs the doctor and she connects herself to the machine.

He awakes as she is finishing up. He gets up and is about to speak when I cut him off with a shake of my head. "No! I have to do it I have a chance to live!" He says more to me than her.

"It is her time and nothing you do will change that fact that she dies here today on this planet so don't add an unnecessary death." He calms down a bit but still seems frantic. He knows that if I say she will die today no matter what it will happen and there is nothing he can do but that doesn't mean that he is happy about it.

She finishes up and says her last goodbyes and activates the machine. A few moments after her soul leaves her body and I mark it for Hel making sure to leave an extra mark so my sister takes extra care of her. She saved us and the planet as well as everyone else.

When we get back up to the main floors the rooms are filled with people. People who I know are now going to struggle outside of their times but at least they have more life to live and it is only one. The group heads back to their ship and we head back to the TARDIS. The doctor places her things to the side and we head off again.