Charlotte

Skià pov

We make quick time and soon we are in the main computer room. In the center of the room is massive data core that must contain all of the people who tried to use the teleportation pad as they never successfully left the library but not even bones were found. When we try to get into the computer we realize that the computer is in sleep mode and no matter what the doctor does to wake it up I stays thoroughly  asleep. Finally the man who has been leading the whole thing flips a lever that opens a door. It reveals a room with a node inside that has the girl we saws face on it. She is asking for us to help her.

"Charlotte Abigail Lux. We put her here so she could see people, experience different times and read all the books she could want. It was only a half life but she is affectively immortal."

"Sometimes immortality is not the answer." I whisper but no one hears me.

"That was until the shadows came."

"The shadows, I have to save them, have to save." CAL responds. 

"She saved them all folding them into her dreams, keeping them safe."

"Then why didn't she tell us?"

"Because she's forgotten. She has over four thousand living minds chatting away inside her head. It must be like being, well.... me." The doctor says.

"So what do we do?" River asks as her sign of death gets even darker than before. I know that something that she does in this room will be her last action in this world.

"Easy we beam all of the people out of the data core. The computer will reset and stop the count down. Difficult, Charlette doesn't have enough memory space to make the transfer. Easy, I will hook myself up to the computer and she can borrow my memory space." He says one after the other.

His comments are quickly followed by Rivers own. "Difficult, It'll kill you stone dead."

"Easy to cridisize."

"It will burn out both your hearts and don't think you will regenerate!"

"I will try my hardest not to die. Honestly it is my main thing."

"Doctor....."

"I'm right this will work. Shut up. Now you and Lux go up to the main library and prime any data cells you can find for maximum download." He turns to River, "and before you say anything else can I mention in passing as you're here, shut up."

"I hate you sometimes."

"I know."