Battle

Skià pov

Hope immediately tries to use her magic and it does not work. That must have been caused by whatever shifted the magic here. Then one of the vampires tries to go after them and the sun burns him. "What you don't have is magic, that's why the daylight rings don't work."

"I see but what about this?" I say before sending some of them flying with a single hit. I see that at least some of my powers are not blocked but I have to figure out which ones are. My mutant powers will not be blocked as they are not based on magic so I will at least have those.

"How did you do that? Did he lie to us?"

"Oh well you see, there are still mutants in the world and we mostly do not rely on magic." I give him a fake frown before turning to the others. "Go find whatever is blocking the magic. But go to my room first, you will find something that can help. The key is in the word Angel. Be quick, we have to keep everyone here safe." They nod and head into the school leaving me to face the army of people by myself.

"Now that was not very smart little boy."

"Well you see, it was because I plan on sending you all to whichever underworld your soul belongs in and I do not really want them to know what I can do. Also I am curious about what your little artifact can really block."

"It blocks all magic?"

"But does it?" I say before trying the first type. I decided that the one that is most likely that the only magic that will be blocked if any is the magic that is used at Hogwarts so I will try that first.

As I thought it was blocked. "See there is nothing you can use against us!" I decided to use elemental magic next and successfully set my hand aflame.

"You were saying?"

"How?" Is all he gets out before I start throwing fire at them.

"You see, I am not really supposed to be here so your little artifact does not do much to me." I decide to take out my multi color wings and quickly travel above them.

"Where did he go?" They say looking around. I reveal my location with a giggle as I have not had this much fun in a while. They look up at me in horror. They start to shoot things at me like stakes covered in wolf's bane and strange bullets.

"Now that's not very nice."  I say and summon some skeletons to fight with them for a bit. I periodically shoot fire at them to distract them and watch the drama unfold from a tree branch.

I get a message from Gabriel to stop playing with them because my uncles need help so I give the order to my skeletons and rain fire on the people.

I make sure that they are all at least incapacitated and then head inside leaving my skeletons to watch them. I head down to the basement and through the tunnels as my uncles messaged me roughly where they are.

I enter the room that they are in and am bombarded by the smell of old blood. I cover my nose and approach them. "You needed help?"

"Yeah we can't figure out how to turn the damn thing off." Dean says. I simply walk over and look at it closely.

"This was created by someone using magic of the old religion." I read the symbols and they literally just say the order that they must be activated to turn the artifact on or off. I dip my fingers in the blood and trace the symbols. As I am tracing the last one the headmaster comes through a different path.

"How did you turn it off?"

"It was simply stated on it how to turn it off."

"But how can you read the runes? I was told it was made to block the magic of the creatures here by witch like creatures."

"It was likely made by a group of prestisses of the old religion. They do not exist anymore so it makes sense that you cannot read their language."

"Then how can you?"

"It was passed down through my family." I lie, my uncles already know that I know how to use the magic of the old religion so they do not question me. "I feel like the bigger question is how this got here because they did not bring it with them."

The headmaster looks guilty for a moment, so clearly he is the reason why it is here. "We have to get going to make sure that everyone is alright and get Landon."

"Everyone is fine they never actually got inside." I say and shrug as I walk towards the upstairs anyway. Everyone looks at me in surprise for a moment before shaking it off because this type of thing has happened before. MG apparently found out that his mother works of the company and she was the one that activated the artifact in the first place.

Everyone was alright and the moment that the sheriff could get here all the men were taken away. I imagine that the government will deal with them later. Finally we are off to find Landon.