Hidden

Skià pov

The headmaster took me with him to go talk to the creature. I took Aelynn with me as the creature is trapped so it will not be able to do anything to her.

When we arrive I realized that the creature is a driad. I give her a small bow of respect and she returns it. She is fae much like myself so respect must be shared or it could end poorly.

"Darling, why are you doing this?"

"He did not give me a choice."

"Malivor?"

"Yes."

"Wait why are you talking to him? All you did was judge me." The teacher asks.

"He understands respect and will not lie to me." I nod because a fae lying to another is a one way trip to misery.

"I can take away his control. I have done it before on a dragon."

"Is contact required?" Fae on fae skin contact is basically a marriage proposal so it is understandable that she would not want it.

"No. Just hold still." She sits and stays looking at me. I enter her mind and remove the pit before retreating once again.

"I can no longer hear his requests and all my actions are mine. Thank you."

"You are welcome. Now what can you tell us about the pit?" She tells us how it was first created by a witch, a vampire and a werewolf to get rid of threats to humans. She said after a while it went from just threats to every creature that they could find until the humans threw the three that made it into the pit as well. She says that the pit is endless darkness, where you can hear others but never see them. Trapped for an eternity with no one else.

"That sounds awful. How did you get out?" The headmaster asks and the driad look at me so I nod to tell her to answer.

"He lets us out because he wants the dagger."

"Why?" I ask this time.

"It is one of the keys to set him free. If he gets all three he will be let loose opon the earth to devour all creatures till there are only humans left."

"I see. Does he have to get them in a specific order?"

"I do not know."

"Alright. Give me the dagger. I can put it somewhere that they will never be able to get it." I say after turning to the others.

"Okay." The headmaster says and the teacher turns to him.

"Okay?! You are just going to give it to a child?!"

"Yes. I trust him to be able to keep it safe." I smile and take it from the headmaster. I place it into the shadows where nothing but me can get it.

"Now, why have we not let her go? She is not a threat to us " The two men look at each other before getting rid of the herbs that are keeping her in. She walks out bows again and then leaves.

The two men look out the door and then at me before shrugging and gathering their things to return to the school.

When we return we find out that Raphael took over the pack, Landon got attacked and somehow the witches were convinced to vote for a different twin than expected for their representative. Both me and Hope were put on the council as our own representative and Landon agreed to be represented by me.

The meeting was boring and contained mostly things like should we switch up the type of animals blood is fed to the vampires and should werewolves be expected to interact with other groups more often. The answer to both was yes of course but boring nonetheless.

It was quiet other than the unusual drama for a while until Landon went to see his mother. He is apparently a son of the pit and has a golem brother. He found another of the keys and brought more creatures this way until we made the connection and I placed that one in the shadows as well. It seems that the pit cannot find the keys until Landon interacts with them so we just need to keep Landon away from artifacts.

Today is the first day of spring break. I decide to stay at the school as I visit home every weekend and some of the vampires and wolves have no home to go to so they need some company. MG decided to visit his family with Landon and Raphael. I decided to go with them as it is a full moon and I want to make sure they stay safe.

We travel to another town and MG takes us to a house. I stay in the car as they go up to the door. The lady that opens the door seems unhappy to see him. Something is off about that.

It only takes a few moments for us to leave and then we drive to a church. This can only end poorly. I go in this time. If something goes wrong I have many different ways to rectify it.

We walk in and at the front is a man that looks like MG. He was talking about MG, clearly rehearsing a speech. Something is off, MG told me that his mother said that his father does not want to see him but he was going anyway to see for himself. The thing is that this man clearly does not know that MG is still alive.

It is only a few hours till moonrise so we really have to hurry this up as Raphael will not be as nice of a passenger as a wolf as I will. MG's dad notices us and asks if there is someone here. MG responds by walking forward. I stay back just in case I have to run damage control.

At first he seems confused and in disbelief. Then he seems relieved and in awe. He comes over and hugs MG. However once MG reveals that he is a vampire his dad switches to horror and he starts proclaiming that this is the devil using his son against him.