Election

Skià pov

Happy seems to want to talk to me so I let the others watch Aelynn while she is playing with Ralph and we go into another room. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I was wondering what it is like to have a baby to take care of?"

"Well it is a lot of work but it also brings a lot of good. The happiness you get when they hit a milestone, the baby hugs and kisses. All together it is rather give and take but I quite enjoy it. Why are you asking?"

She looks a little unsure about whether she is going to answer the question or not. " I'm pregnant." I look her over and notice that there is not an extra life inside her. I decide to take this delicately.

"Why do you think that?" I say gently.

"Well, I have the symptoms."

"Hm." I think of a way to explain this to here without revealing too much. "Well, you know how mutants exist?"

"Yes? Where are you going with this?"

"I am a mutant and my skill is that I can sense life force. However because of this I know that you are not pregnant because you only have the life force of one person. I'm sorry." She looks rather disappointed. I can tell that she really wanted this. "I am sure that you will get a chance to be a mother at some time in the future whether through adoption or the natural way. Aelynn is just adopted by the way, no matter what the media says."

"Thanks kid." She says before reaching up and ruffling my hair. After that we leave the room and I collect Aelynn before going home.

There is a veterans ball happening today in Los Angeles and dad decided that since he doesn't have a date he will be taking me and Aelynn will be staying with fadér and Gabe. We decided to stay in Los Angeles for the day so we arrived last night and have been staying at my house here. It is somewhat small for the three of us but we made it work.

I decided since I am in town I will check on scorpion. When I arrive at the garage I see that Ralph is recording something. "What are you doing?"

"I have to ask people what concerns they have that they hope the elected candidate will help fix."

"Ah."

"Can I interview you?"

"Sure." I say although I am still a little bit fuzzy on American politics.

"Okay, what concerns do you have?"

"Health care here is too expensive and does not supply sufficient support for people who cannot afford it."

"Thank you! At least someone has an actual answer. Now I have to go edit this crap pile." I assume that he picked up his crass language from Gallow. His mom made a verbal question about it though and Gallow answered it by turning away. I also found out that Paige, Ralph, Paige's boyfriend and his parents are going to the veterans ball.

Suddenly a bunch of FBI agents show up and tell us that there is a very important situation that has to be fix urgently. Apparently Walter cannot go because he was flagged for something in the government system. We pack out things and I tell my dad that I will not be back for a few more hours than I expected but I will still be able to make it to the ball.

They lead us to a warehouse full of boxes and explain the situation to us. Apparently the server that is being used to store the voting information is overheating even though it is underwater in freezing temperatures.

They lead us into the path that leads to the server and we get started trying to find out what is wrong.

It turns out that there is a bug that was planted to remove the information that went in so the people who planted it can change the information as they like before putting it back in. Interesting. I connect a spare laptop I have to it and hack into the bug so I can track it and reverse the transfer. While I am doing that Silvester is stopping the transfer of anymore data.

I successfully track it and Silvester finishes the block so they go to find the hacker while I get the information back. I simply reverse the program that the hacker used so any information that returns will be the same that was taken.

Once I get all the information back and support the blockade. I remove the bug and then head to the location of the rest of scorpion. I meet up with them and they are all split up so I go to Happy as she is likely to be doing the most interesting thing.

She and Tim, Paige's boyfriend and Gallows trainee, are waiting by the control room so they can look at the security cameras and figure out who planted the bug.

We get into the film and find out that the person who likely placed the bug is the president's chief of staff. This makes things rather problematic, especially due to the fact that I already blocked it so likely she is going to be very angry. This also means that the people that we are with could be in on it.

I send a message to both fadér and dad telling them that there is a change of plans. Fadér is to get Aelynn now and dad is to come here. He is a person that people in America are not willing to cross. I also inform sheild of the situation.

Right as I get the messages out and put away the phones the person we came with shows up again. He doesn't know that I am here so I slip away and hide behind some equipment. Paige notices and so does Happy but they leave me be as they realize that if the men with us actually had a part in this it will be better to have a person on the outside.

They get out without a problem though and I meet up with my dad and my shield team. "Okay we need to get a tablet off the president's plane how do you suggest we do that?"

"We can have Fury say that our team was sent as extra protection. You can get the tablet and get off. We will say that another emergency came up and you need to take over the team that is covering it."

"Alright, dad make sure that scorpion stays out of danger."

"Can do."