Giant Spider

Skià pov

After the attack I asked Jareth for books on all the creatures that humans have forgotten about and started to study up. The dagger was removed from campus and is being guarded by one of the teachers.

One of the vampire students got caught feeding in humans in the town. I may or may not have been the reason why. I reported that he smelled of human blood and then he got caught by one of the teachers returning to school with his face covered in blood. He was placed into a cell until he could get successfully back onto animal blood as drinking from humans is dangerous for himself, the humans and the other creatures here.

Some girls in town went missing so some of the students here are going to start going there to keep them safe or as the public thinks 'to improve relations between the schools'. I was chosen as one of the students as they have already realized that I have already graduated so I would be a good person to keep an eye out.

The moment I arrived I was looked down on by the students at the local high school. Not only am I younger than them all but I am from a rival school. Also because my menstrual cycle has begun my pdm keeps going off as my blood sugar is constantly going out of range. Thankfully, Evander was free to come and watch Aelynn during the school day while this trade is happening.

One of the girls is labeled as dead, the headmaster told me so but then she shows up at the school. I can feel that something about her isn't right. She isn't human anymore but she also isn't anything that I have run into.

I keep everyone away from her and keep an eye on her. I also tell the headmaster who tells the sheriff. They meet me in the back of the school. She doesn't even feel alive so I can tell something is very wrong. "Something is wrong and not in one of your typical ways."

"Do you have any ideas of what it is?" The headmaster says to me and I am about to pull out a few books when the girl starts throwing up. The problem is that she doesn't stop until she is just a empty sack of skin.

"Well now the guesses have dropped to two." I pull out two books and hand them to him. "Be careful with that. I don't want to owe him anything." The sheriff seems very confused but the headmaster just nods and looks through the important pages. "Anything else to limit down?"

"She had a bite that looked like it came from a vampire." The sheriff said.

"And down to one. Who is ready to deal with a massive spider woman? I know I am!" I say with fake enthusiasm as I take the extra book back. I had to deal with giant spiders at Hogwarts and I don't want to deal with another that comes with a human half.

"Great, why is it here?"

"They probably have not picked up on the fact that the dagger is not here."

"Okay so how do we deal with it?"

"Page 260." He flips through the book to the page and reads the answer to the sheriff.

"You kill them with fire."

"So now all we have to do is find it and dispose of it."

"And how do we do that?" The sheriff asks.

"Well the girls were hunted near the school and they think that the dagger is at the school, so my best guess is somewhere near the school."

The headmaster drives us back to the school and we start to search the campus together as the other two people here are humans and they will not be able to defend themselves.

Eventually we find it in an old mill building and I simply put up a barrier to keep it in and then set it on fire. We wait for it to burn out and it is not long as I used wind magic to spread it quicker.

When the fire goes out we check inside and see the body of the spider woman and the other missing girl. She is alive because of the intent that I filled my magic with so we changed her memories and sent her home.

The sheriff was happy that we were able to solve it quickly and that he only had to report one of the missing girls as dead. Overall the interaction did not go over that poorly.

Everyone that went to the town school from our school continued going for a week to avoid suspicion and then we went back to our usual schedule.

A few days into our usual schedule we got I call from the teacher. He got one of the creatures and it speaks English.