River

Skià pov

The doctor goes over to look at it and I look around the room. There seems to be something in the room with us but it is staying to the edges. I assume it is due to the sunlight coming through the window. It appears to be avoiding the light.

I am broke out of my thoughts by Donna asking about others. I let a big smile fall onto my face as I am about to see one of my older friends. It quickly turns to a frown however when Donna freaks out about a donated face and almost steps into the shadows.

I use my control over the shadows to keep whatever is inside them away from her but it takes a lot more energy than it should. It seems that I am holding back hundreds of life forms. The doctor gets her away from the shadows and towards the middle of the room and I let my control over the shadows loose.

The doctor seems to figure out what is going on but can't seem to remember. He yells a little about needing a bigger head, having too much information and being old and thick before staring off into the hallway. Donna grabs his arm and shows him that the shadows have moved and the doctor starts to panic before telling us to head back to the TARDIS but I can tell we won't be able to get back there at the moment.

Right as they are about to figure out how to get out the door is blasted open and people in space suits enter. I bounce slightly on the balls of my feet as I can feel that River is among them.

River makes her helmet see through and walks right up to the doctor. As I thought he doesn't know her. "Hello sweetie." She says as it is her typical greeting to him. He responds with aggression but mostly over the point that they are all in danger. She clearly hasn't realized he doesn't know her.

"Mel, it is too early in his timeline." He looks falls at the fact he doesn't know her before returning to the contentness when she realizes who I am.

"It has been a while love."

"It really has."

"So what are you going by at the moment?"

"Alex."

"Lovely." She turns and introduces herself to the doctor. He seems a bit pained by the fact that they are archaeologists which honestly I understand as I don't want people making assumptions about my things.

"Nice to meet you. As you are leaving and you are leaving now. You need to set a quarantine beacon. Code wall the planet the whole planet! No body comes here not ever again!" He says passionately as he pushes her to the door.