Lessons In Law

Skià pov

We don't have to wait long before they show themselves on the TV. They simply growl at the camera of the machine that the government sent up to space seemingly as a warning. I roll my eyes at their drama. "So, that did not give us very much." I say leaning backwards onto the couch.

"How are you so calm?"

"They are too far away at the moment to do anything and all they did was growl why would I be scared?"

I sigh when I feel that my radio is going off in the shadows. Undoubtedly it is Sebastian with a message from the queen. I take it out making it seem like it was in my bag. "Yes?"

"My lord the queen requests your involvement if you are capable."

"Alright, pick me up." I give him the address.

"Yes my lord." He leaves so I stick into my bag.

"Alright who is coming with?" I look at Rose. "You know the Prime Minister correct?"

"Yes."

"Then you should come as well, the rest of you stay with the doctor." I put up a barrier so aliens cannot come in or find the location again and get ready to go. I properly secure my guns and a few of my daggers. I debate pulling out one of my swords but I have no way to explain that. Perhaps Sebastian will bring me one of my swords.

He picks us up and takes us to a building. He shows the soldiers at the door the queens stamped letters and he lets us in. Thankfully Seb did bring one of my swords and the sheath so I strapped that on before we left the car. We are led to the area with all of the others. On the screen it shows a map of space with a spaceship that is coming closer and on another there is a message from the aliens.

Opon getting a closer look I realize that I recognize them. Sycorax. A generally fairly prideful race so stooping so low as trying to attack a race like humans is unlike them. They must really want the energy from the doctor.

I listen to the message and my all speech helps me to understand that the whole message is a threat. "Well that's not very nice."

"What?"

"They called humans cattle. Oh and they also threatened Earth."

I woman walks up, she seems important and Rose seems to know her. "Harriet Jones, Prime Minister."

"Alex Phantomhive, the Queen's guard dog." We shake hands.

"I couldn't help but overhear that you could understand what they were saying."

"Yes?"

"How, and what were they saying?"

"I have a special skill set. As for what they were saying it was mostly threats of death and enslavement. They called humans cattle which is rude but honestly somewhat understandable from their view point. They are a very prideful race so going to such a low level planet as Earth is strange."

"What are you talking about?"

"Under universal law planets are rated by several different things including diversity, technology, development and resources that the beings on the planet can use. Earth is rather low on the scale because we are a relatively new planet comparatively."

"How do you know this?"

"I know the doctor and have studied galactic law." I figured since she knows Rose she must have met the doctor.

"Are you an alien?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that? No I am not an alien."