Peace Talks

Skià pov

Nothing of interest has been happening so I have mostly been working at my business with the occasional case with scorpion.

I get out of bed and get ready for the day. I am not quite sure what my plans are yet but I am sure that will be solved soon enough.

While I am eating breakfast three different texts come in. One from Fury, One from agent Gallow and one from hospital Derek. All on different phones. I check the one from Fury first and see that my team is in charge of guarding and helping during peace talks today. The one from scorpion doesn't give me much but I already need to go with shield so it tell them I can't come in today. He sends an okay back so I say to Fury that I need details on where we are supposed to meet.

Finally I check the message from Derek. I can't help but cover my mouth in shock. The message says that George got hit by a bus saving a woman and he didn't make it. It is at that moment that I feel his death. A few tears slip from my eyes and I call on his spirit before it can be sorted into it's place. His soul arrives along with the reaper in charge of it.

"Now why did you have to go and get hurt when I wasn't there to help you?"

"I decided that I needed to save people in a different way. That I wasn't cut out for being a doctor. So I left the hospital after telling Bailey that I joined the military and on the way home to see my mom before I left I saw a woman. She was about to get hit by a bus but I could save her. So I did. Even though I couldn't save myself."

"You always were meant to be a hero, I just wish that it wasn't in a way that led to your death."

"How are you talking to me?" He says finally realizing how strange this all is.

"I know some people." Is all I answer. "I just wanted to see you one last time and I was able too as I was notified before your soul left. I thought of you as a brother. I know you will get into the best version of whatever afterlife you wish." I say before I give him a hug and say my goodbyes. I let the reaper take him and I get back down to business.

I look at my phone one more time as I got another message from Derek saying they will inform me when they know when the funeral is. I close that phone without responding and go to my shield phone. He tells us that we are to meet at the LA shield base and we will go from there.

I change into my shield disguise and grab my things before heading to the shield base. I am the first of my team to arrive but soon enough they arrive and we are headed to the location of the mission.

We are the first on site followed by several other governmental groups, including scorpion. After everyone arrives the leaders of the three countries arrive with their entourages. We set them up in different rooms to start with so that we can record a video so it seems like they are still in their own countries.

After the video we move to the actual peace talks. We are standing in the corner with a few of the other security personnel.

No talking really happens and soon they start to bicker. Paige quickly quells their arguments by proposing that they drink their traditional alcohol to loosen up.

That however ends poorly when one of the leaders collapsed to the floor. He was likely poisoned but we have no way of knowing by who as everyone had a chance to.

I quickly go and check him over. His symptoms are not quite right for a poison. It is progressing too slow for most poisons and too fast for the others. We take him to a room and put him in the bed. The doctor comes in and tries to give drugs that will likely quicken the spread of whatever is causing this because he still thinks that it is poison.

I am about to stop him when Walter tackles him. This leads to him falling and the vile breaking. The doctor is mad but Paige rushes in and informes us that he likely had ingested venom not poison. Which is both better and worse than poison.

The compound is locked down with no one in or out until we find the culprit. But if course me, Nat and Clint get a special exclusion from it so we tell scorpion to find the correct snake so that we can make the anti venom.

We drive to a nearby snake exhibit that has snakes from the area that the people are from. As we get inside we get a message about what snake it is.

Nat and Clint distract the workers while I seek into the enclosure. As everyone is distracted I grab a ferret and go inside with the snakes.

"Hello." I say to the snakes in their language causing them all to turn. I ask the snakes which of them is the one I am looking for and the snake in mention slithers up to me. "Can you help me?"

"How?"

"I need you to bite this ferret but not enough to kill it."

"Why?"

"Someone important was given the venom from a snake like you so I need to make the cure. And the only way for me to do that is to get the blood from the ferret after you bite it while it is still alive."

"Okay." I hold the ferret still as the snake bites it and carefully regulates how much venom he is injecting. After he is done he pulls back. "I am done."

"Thank you." I summon a few mice for them and get out of the enclosure. I meet the rest of my team outside and we drive back while a carefully process the ferret blood to the best of my abilities.

When we arrive back at the compound the anti venom is ready and the ferret is asleep in my shirt. We give the anti venom to the doctor and he doses it and injectes it into the man. I also find out that through the block they placed on messages that the person who did this to him was his very own right hand man.

A few days later the man recovers and the peace talks continue. The thankfully end up finally signing a treaty and we are all returned home.