Protection

Skià pov

As soon as I can I leave the party and head back to my hotel. I grab my things and check out before traveling to Japan. I make sure that I appear inside of the manor so I can get to work finding out what needs to be done as quickly as possible. When I appear I change my appearance and clothes before walking into the room where the clan meeting is being held.

I walk in the room and sit at the front with Ri and Rikuo. After I sit, the meeting starts. Apparently Rikuo announced a few days ago that he will be taking the title of the third heir, meaning he will take control of the clan once he comes of age.

One of the older, higher up members of the clan died. Cut up with clean precision. I sigh and state that from this point on, until we figure who killed him, each of the higher ups will have multiple guards especially Rikuo and Ri.

"Ema, would you take the head position of the yokai protecting Rikuo?"

"Of course."

"Grandpa!?" Rikuo says, probably convinced that he doesn't need protection even though he is only just coming into his powers.

"Don't bother fighting Rikuo, I will not risk your safety." Ri responds clearly leaving no room for objection. Rikuo just nods clearly still unhappy with the arrangement.

"So how do you expect me to stay close to him and guard him?"

"You will pose as his school mate of course."

"And how do you expect me to explain the fact that I already know him?"

"You can say that you are his cousin."

"Alright."

"But his friend have already met you in male form, so it might be best to be female." I give him a dirty look before sighing.

"Fine. Get me a uniform and make sure that my room is ready." I pout before leaving the manor and going for a walk.

The wind feels weird, deadly even. I am careful to note this and the places it feels the strongest as I walk around town. I make sure to visit the shrines of all of the local deities and gift them some things so they will have more power if we need their help.

I spent quite a bit of time at one of my father's shrines as well. His sacred areas are one of the places I feel the most safe.

After a while of being out I head back and they lead me to my room. It turns out that they never changed anything in my room and only has been cleaned for many years.