Control

Skià pov

As we make our way through the halls I am rapidly getting too tired to keep the tainted shadows away. "We need to get out of here quickly or I am going to have to do something drastic." I whisper into the doctor's ear. He nods and starts to move the group quicker.

We briefly have to stop as I have mostly run out of energy and there are many more of the tainted shadows in front of us. "I believe that it is time to introduce them to what we are up against."

The doctor nods. "Can you tell me where some are?" I nod and point at a place under a small table. River gives him some chicken and he goes over what we are facing.

"If they are in the shadows how have the rest of us stayed alive?" One of the explorers asks.

"That would be because he has been holding them off." The doctor says pointing at me. River looks at me sadly as she knows how much manipulation of the shadows with things in them takes out of me if I use it for too long but the others look at me in confusion.

"How?" Donna says breaking the silence.

"I can control the shadows easily, but there are too many in the shadows at the moment taking my energy every time I keep them all from you people."

"Is that why you seem so tired?" Another of the explorers asks and I simply nod.

"I am going to do something so that I can continue protecting you all but I need you to stay calm." I stare at each of them seriously and wait for them all to nod before I take a deep breath and put up a barrier to block my aura. After it is secured I fall back to my oldest form allowing the universe to read me as a god.

I feel my powers properly flow inside of me for the first time in billions of years as even when unlocking them before my human body limits them. I open my eyes and look at the awe and fear of the beings in front of me. I run my hands through my soft silver locks and briefly look at the darkened color of my skin before looking back. "Let's go the sooner we get out of here the better. We only have so long before someone senses something."

I use my powers to push the tainted shadows far away from us and allow the clean shadows to greet me. Quickly the doctor and River get the group moving and we make our way through more of the dark halls, safer than we were before.