Unchangeable

Skià pov

The morning after the dinner we all went to the farm to check it out. The wife of the man who died said that nothing strange happened surrounding his death. I went with my grandmother to talk to the son. He said that sometimes his dad drank and abused his mother. Then a man came along and asked the son if he wanted the beatings to stop. He thought the man was just crazy or something but a few days later his dad died. The man said something about coming ten years in the future. I can say without a doubt that he unintentionally made a deal with a demon. He also said that the light hit the man's eyes in a weird way and his eyes looked yellow. Dandy.

We get back to the house and I gently break it to Dean. "So unfortunately, we are dealing with the yellow eyed demon. But in all honesty, we probably can't do much about it without wrecking the whole timeline."

"But he killed mom!"

"I know and that seems to be an unchangeable fact. Even if we destroy this demon another will come for her. That is how unchangeable events work, if you stop it from happening one way it will just happen in another. So, if you really want, we can try to destroy him, but your mother will die all the same." He looks so angry and defeated because he knows that I am right. "We still have to tell them what it is."

"I know." I pat his shoulder and head into the kitchen where the others are. 

"So, we are dealing with a yellow eyed demon. He is more powerful than regular demons but weaker than white eyed demons. Make sure that you don't lose your protective sigils or he will get to you. I warn you that holy water doesn't really work on him as he is too powerful."

"How do you know it is not just a shapeshifter?"

"He told the boy that he would be back in ten years and that is exactly how long demons give their victims after fulfilling their end of the deal."

"How are we supposed to know where the demon is going to be?"

"This." Dean takes out his father's journal and flips to the pages on the yellow eyed demon. "My father compiled a list of all of the places the yellow eyed demon has been spotted."

"How come it has dates in the future?"

"My father could see the future." My great grandfather scoffs at that.

"It's a family trait. I can also see the future."

"Really? Then tell me something."

I sort through what I remember from this time. I don't have much knowledge of what happened in the human world during these years. "On May third Sears Tower will be completed." 

"The building that they say will be the world's tallest building?"

"Yes." 

"How do I know that you're telling the truth?"

"How do you ever know someone is telling the truth? You're asking me to tell you something from the future, there is no way to prove it in less you wait till it happens. I could tell you something even father in the future if you would like. You will have three grandchildren and two great grandchildren."

"Really? Are they hunters?"

"Two of your grandchildren are and one of your great grandchildren is." He nods.

"Alright I believe you. So where will this demon be?"

"He is going after Liddy Walsh in Haleyville."

"That's close."

"Yeah, it's about three miles." We grab our sigils and get into their car. Dean's mother insisted on coming because the victim is her best friend. 

We arrive and head inside to see that he is trying to make a deal with her right away. Sammael shoots him sadly killing the body that he was inhabiting. While he is distracted facing the three of them, I write the sigil of banishment in my blood and then make a devils trap even though it will only hold him for a few moments. It will hold longer because of the blood. I have to wait for the blood to dry because if I dry it with magic it will affect the sigil and the trap in unknown ways.