Bad Influence

Skià pov

It has been a busy couple of days. I had to return home briefly to help with an emergency at the hospital and then I had a meeting with the queen and Crow where we discussed the alien problem. They decided to leave it with me but the queen gave me a number to call if I needed some help. Torchwood, the doctor told me about them, they are in charge of the human half of alien protection for England.

Today I am just on Tom watch duty again. He got in a fight with his dad, so he is generally being less cautious. He yells at Benny and his football friends are avoiding him for reasons that are frankly irrelevant.

He skipped part of school, he was eating and being sulky when a man walks up to him and tries to take his things, I push them around a bit and he leaves. He returns with his friends and tries to ruff us up but before I can do anything about it another young sun mage walks up to him.

He uses a spell to make their clothes disappear leaving them all in their underwear. They run off leave the three of us. Tom asks why the mage helped him and he said it was because he could tell that Tom had magic. I can tell that this boy will be a bad influence on Tom but I can't say anything of Tom will push me away and that is even more dangerous.

Tom follows the boy back to his home, an abandoned house that he has illegally been staying at. It seems that he fixed it up with magic. I stay in the shadows in case something goes wrong and make sure my magic aura is covered so he can't detect me.

He turns around in his chair like a movie villain and faces Tom. "So you followed me."

"Yeah." I create a chair in the shadows and sit as this will probably take a while. They talk about many pointless things. The other mage makes an empty threat as a joke and then they start talking about magic. He reveals that he doesn't go to school, doesn't have a job and he doesn't have any parents around, I plan on fixing that if I can.

After about two hours of them talking Benny shows up. Probably worried about Tom as he hasn't been answering his phone. They both get concerned when they see the shadow of him outside. "Don't worry it is just Benny." I say after I slip out of the shadows.

"Who are you and how did you get here?"

"I was here the whole time, people tend to not notice me."

"How? You can't be using magic because I can't feel any magic coming from you."

"I can block my presence both normal and magical from everyone if I so wish. Also in all likelihood you cannot sense magic that is from people other than sun mages and I am not a sun mage."

"Sun mage? Are there other wizards?"

"Many different types of wizards, witches, mages and druids exist as well as two warlocks. As well as many creatures that can use magic. They all get powers from different sources, you are sun mages because you get a limited amount of spells making you mages and you get your powers from the sun."

"There are two different types of warlocks?"

"No, there are only two warlocks in the world total."

"What are you?"

"I am quite a few magical beings, so I have many kinds of magic. Most of them I am not willing to share with you but I will share that I am one of the only warlocks. This means that I have unlimited spells, I can easily make my own spells, I get powers from inside myself, the world around me and a higher being. I can do anything if I follow the right steps. My brother is the only other warlock in the world."

"Show me." He slightly commands. I raise an eyebrow.

"I do not take commands from others. I will however show you a fraction of my power."  I summon a chair and sit on it before making a sword out of shadows and traveling behind him. I walk back to my seat from there as he stands there startled and then I make myself undetectable.

"Where did you go?"

"I am still right here you just can't see me." I lift the spell and cross my legs. "Now if we are done we should be heading back. If I remember correctly you were supposed to go home right after school which if I may remind you, you skipped."

"Parents are irrelevant." This kid clearly needs some sort of proper guidance.

I allow myself to grow into an older form of my current appearance.