Chapter 4: Spending More Time with a Top-tier Alpha

Nan Yi exited the car and made his way to the hospital.

The hospital was bustling. He patiently registered and waited until midday for his turn.

"Any discomfort in your gland?"

When it was finally Nan Yi's turn, the man in the white coat began his inquiry without looking up.

Nan Yi took a seat across the desk and quietly began typing on his phone.

The distinctive frog "croak" sound from his phone echoed conspicuously in the silent room. The doctor, receiving no verbal response, grew impatient with the sound of typing.

"This is a hospital, not a place to use your phone. There are many patients waiting. Don't waste my time."

Feeling anxious, Nan Yi hurriedly held up his phone for the doctor to see.

The doctor, frowning, looked up and met Nan Yi's eyes.

Bai Shanyao's brow deepened in confusion as he focused on the phone screen.

"Sir, I've already told you this isn't the place to..."

He didn't finish his sentence, his previously furrowed brows contorted in discomfort.

A few bold words displayed on Nan Yi's phone screen.

[Hello Dr. Bai, I can't speak. Can we communicate through my phone?]

Bai Shanyao's brows relaxed, and he apologetically said, "I'm sorry."

When Bai Shanyao looked up, Nan Yi was taken aback. He had expected doctors to be older, yet Dr. Bai, with his handsome features, appeared to be in his mid-to-late twenties.

Meeting his deep gaze, Nan Yi felt his cheeks warm slightly.

"Nan Yi, right?"

Bai Shanyao clicked on his computer a few times.

Nan Yi nodded in affirmation.

"An inferior omega, have there been issues with your gland?" Bai Shanyao asked, then patiently awaited Nan Yi's typed response.

Even after being referred to as "inferior" multiple times, Nan Yi still flinched.

[I suddenly experienced intense heat.]

Bai Shanyao glanced over, commenting casually, "Inferior omegas have irregular heat cycles. It's normal."

"Your alpha should provide more calming pheromones for you."

Alpha pheromones inherently repel each other. Even though Nan Yi's mint-scented pheromones weren't overpowering, to Bai Shanyao, a top-tier alpha, they were still rather noticeable.

And quite repelling.

Using sign language, he urgently conveyed, "No!"

Amidst Bai Shanyao's puzzled look, Nan Yi hurriedly began typing on his phone.

[My previous heat cycles weren't intense, and my pheromones have never been strong.]

[Last night, I suddenly lost control due to the heat.]

As he typed this, Nan Yi's cheeks reddened further. Wasn't he essentially admitting to the doctor what transpired the previous night?

With some hesitation, he handed the phone to Bai Shanyao.